Director of Supply Chain
Oceanside, CA 92058 US
The Director of Supply Chain leads the Supply Chain:
The candidate will drive end-to-end supply chain efficiencies, maximize margins, and ensure a best-in-class customer experience. In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of demand planning, inventory management, sourcing, purchasing, and delivery performance. In addition to leading a team of buyers, planners, and warehouse personnel, this role will provide oversight and strategic direction to the company's NetSuite ERP system integration and implementation. The ideal candidate is extremely organized, self-starting, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and has a strong analytical aptitude with the ability to extract, interpret, and communicate findings and recommendations.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, manage, and scale the planning/buying team to ensure in-stock levels that support accelerated business growth.
- Drive inventory accuracy at both sites through mature processes and diligent behavior toward data integrity.
- Collaborate with broader operations and sourcing teams in Japan on raw material supply plans.
- Collaborate with CMOs in India with forecasting and production schedules for larger volume orders.
- Develop and refine forecast models and performance scorecards for vendors.
- Develop a core understanding of the business cost drivers and their impact on operations, customers, and competitors.
- Lead your team to drive day-to-day execution (on-time delivery, order accuracy).
- Promotes a safety culture that supports continuous improvement in the EHS management system.
- Responsible for identifying and implementing improvements in staff development in areas such as cGMP training, core competencies, technical skills, safety, and performance management.
- Drive the continuous improvement of NetSuite ERP and all related planning systems/tools.
- Establish, evaluate, and report on KPIs while benchmarking against industry standards.
- 7+ years of strategic supply chain experience.
- Success in training, mentoring, and coaching service professionals.
- Bachelor's Degree required with a focus on supply chain, operations, or related areas.
- Experience with ERP and MRP systems such as NetSuite is required.
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills with the ability to synthesize data to facilitate decision-making and identify process improvement opportunities
- A clear communicator with solid written and oral communication.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Work with and around forklifts.
- The employee is regularly required to use their hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone keypad.