2nd Shift Production Supervisor
Winchester, KY 40391 US
Daily operation of the Production Department and for all parts produced by the Company. Reports regularly to the Sr. Supervisor/Manager about the Department's progress on Business Plan projects in their control. Assists and advises the Sr. Supervisor/Manager regarding all Department items. Works with the Group Leaders and Associates to maintain a positive attitude and good employee morale toward teamwork, safety, and quality. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Sets the example and requires all Production Members to know and follow Company policies as directed by the Employee Handbook, Safety Rules and Regulations, and the Quality Manual.
- Provides on-going support for improving the knowledge and skills of the Production Group Leaders in the areas of leadership and technical effectiveness.
- Responsible for interdepartment relations. Investigates bottleneck, crossroads, and standoff situations involving other departments or are above Group Leaders'knowledge, skills, or responsibilities.
- Ensures intradepartment relations. Promotes good communications for smoothly handing over production duties from one shift to another.
- Assists the Sr. Supervisor/Manager and the Human Resources Department in developing training programs and schedules that will improve our Associates.
- Implements training programs and schedules through Group Leaders. Then follows-up with same to ensure training was scheduled and completed, especially for new associates and temporaries during their first 21 days of employment.
- Works with the Human Resources Department to conduct employee evaluations, counseling, and sometimes discipline as required.
- Works with the Production Manager, the Production Control Department, and the Human Resources Department to update and determine the departments'Client needs.
- Reviews with the Manager on a regular basis, those areas that affect parts efficiency and productivity (i.E. Standard times, T.P.M. And Q.C. Check times).
- Works with Manager to meet compliance of the production related items for the Company's QMS.
- Attends regular meetings as required including MRB.
- Relays personnel concerns to the Human Resources Department and follows-up.
- Instructs Group Leaders on how to create Standard Operation Sheets (SOS), setup procedures, tool change procedures, and equipment check sheets with the support of Engineering.
- Performs other job-related items as requested by the Manager or other members of the Management Team.
- Shift Group Leaders, Assistant Group Leaders and Line Leaders (directly)
- Shift Associates (indirectly)
- High school diploma or G.E.D. Required.
- Two-year associate degree or related certifications preferred.
- At least two years of previous supervisory experience in a manufacturing facility.
- Knowledge of efficiency, gauging, standard times, kanban, and traceability.
- Above average math skills and reasoning abilities.
- Above average communication skills both verbal and written.
- Computer literate in MS Office software (Word, Excel and Access).
- Ability to provide strong leadership, motivation and training to 50+ employees.
Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time;Ability to maneuver around the plant and office;occasionally bend, squat, move head straight up and down and side-to-side;Good finger dexterity, and ability to rotate wrists, arms, and shoulders;Good eyesight, hearing, and speaking voice;and ability to lift approximately 35 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed both in a normal office setting with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards and on the plant floor in a manufacturing environment with several potential workplace hazards. All safety rules, regulations and precautions are to be implemented when working around machines and chemicals to keep employees and others safe.