ATTL - Sr Mechanical Design Engineer
Attleboro, MA 02703 US
Immediate hiring of Sr Mechanical Design Engineer
Attleboro, MA 02703
9 months contract
Job Description Summary:
The Engineer is responsible for supporting the mechanical design of manufacturing assembly and test equipment. The position will involve handling projects from concept development to delivery of completed equipment.
- Works in the team supporting internal customers to support various equipment-related needs for new equipment and to upgrade and maintain existing equipment.
- Work with the team to generate equipment concepts, costs, schedules, and proposals.
- Generate mechanical designs to meet specifications.
- Provide engineering support for projects through build and delivery.
- Frequent communication with project managers regarding the status of projects to help track projects against schedule and cost commitments.
- Leverage engineering fundamentals to make sound decisions on complex technical issues.
- Responsibilities include understanding specification requirements, internal customer requirements and expectations, and completing actions per schedule to support those program expectations.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A Mechanical Engineering degree and minimum 7 years of experience working in mechanical design of automated and semi-automated manufacturing test and assembly equipment.
- Experience using Solidworks for mechanical design.
- Understanding of mechanical engineering principles, materials, mechanics, fluid, thermal and heat transfer which influence equipment design.
- Must possess a high degree of self-accountability for delivering designs that are thorough, well documented, and require minimal rework during assembly. Hands-on available to assist technicians and solve problems that arise during the build process.
- Familiarity with electrical machine controls and software to interact effectively with those groups is a plus.
- Knowledge of robotics, vision inspections, control pneumatics, high-pressure test pneumatics, thermal control systems, hydraulics, and various manufacturing processes such as resistance welding, laser welding, pressing, soldering, crimping, heating, etc. Are all a plus.
- Holds self-accountable for achieving goals and standards.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to handle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Strong communication skills;oral, written, and presentation
- Strong personal and professional ethical values and integrity
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Project)
- Strong interpersonal & collaboration skills to work effectively within team environment.