Aerospace Quality Control Inspector
Huntington Beach, CA 92649 US
- Performs receiving, in-process, and final inspection on all materials, detail components, hardware and assemblies to ensure product compliance to all customer purchase order, engineering and quality requirements.
- Interprets customer specifications, purchase orders and blueprints to determine part conformity requirements. Understands GD&T and can perform dimensional inspection on parts and assemblies using a variety of measuring equipment, inspection setups and techniques.
- Performs Delegated Source Inspection Activities on behalf of Customer, ensuring product complies with the Customer requirements.
- Performs First Articles in accordance with AS9102 requirements. Gathers all documentation and required process and dimensional data to generate reports.
- Records, documents and manages all non-conforming material following established procedures. Assists in determining root cause(s) of nonconformances and determining effective corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Develops and maintains effective and open lines of communication with all departments in efforts to drive a high level of quality metric performance.
- Assist with identifying and generating process enhancements and continuous improvement activities.
- Follows proper material handling and packaging techniques to avoid damage to product. Ensures inspection equipment is functional and calibrated.
- Maintains accurate records and file management (electronic / hard-copy) of all work performed.
- Strong knowledge of aerospace manufacturing practices, procedures, inspection methodologies and techniques in an AS9100 QMS environment.
- Functional understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) practices and principles to determine product compliance to customer engineering requirements.
- Practical experience with generation, completion, and submittal of AS9102 First Article Inspection Reports as required per the AS9102 standard and specific customer requirements.
- Excellent attention to detail with a focus on accuracy;results-driven with organizational, time management and follow-up skills.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and writing skills.
- Proficiency with MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).