Biomedical Technician II
Bowling Green, KY 42101 US
The Biomedical Equipment Technician II (BMET II) is required to install, inspect, troubleshoot, repair, calibrate, and verify the performance of complex biomedical equipment with minimal supervision.
- The individual should be competent in the use of all applicable test equipment and tools required in the performance of these duties.
- The BMET II may serve as technical advisor to the medical and clinical staff in the safe operation and use of clinical equipment.
- This position also assists in developing specifications for the selection of new clinical equipment.
- The individual demonstrates adherence to the company's core values in all professional interactions by showing respect to all people, creating real value, initiating meaningful change, and exhibiting integrity.
Technical Service –40%
- Perform performance assurance (PA) inspections, scheduled maintenance, electrical safety inspections (Client), and operation verification procedures (OVP) on complex and intricate biomedical equipment
- Repair, install, and calibrate complex and intricate biomedical equipment
- Inform supervisors of the status of repairs, scheduled inspections, unusual equipment situations, and any customer concerns
- Work with, direct, and document the activities of subcontractors, vendors, and outside service technicians to ensure proper service delivery
- Maintain biomedical expertise through ongoing training and education
- Assist with Service Operations Special Projects as assigned
Regulatory Compliance –25%
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the equipment database to include the inventory, performance assurance (PA) schedules, nomenclature, and service history
- Adheres to the Medical Equipment Management Plan (MEMP), including all regulatory agency compliances and other applicable policies and procedures
- Responsible for ensuring all service and documentation is complete, timely, and accurate
Account Relationship Management –25%
- Build and maintain customer relationships
- Discuss equipment status and functionality with clinicians
- Adheres to the Mission, Vision, and Values of the organization(s) served.
- Provide a positive representation of the company's services by integrating the core values into job performance
Inventory –10 %
- Perform periodic inspections of current inventory status
- Verify the completion of security analysis for new customer equipment
- Performs Incoming Inspections (II) to maintain a complete and accurate inventory of medical devices, including trial and evaluation, rental, and loaner equipment in addition to permanently assigned equipment inventory.
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the equipment database to include inventory, performance assurance (PA) schedules, nomenclature, and service history
- Make recommendations regarding inventory
- All other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- Complex computer skills including the ability to administrate a system, interpret error codes, defragment hard-drives, replace power supplies, and interpret computer codes required
- Ability to integrate information from a variety of sources
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong written, verbal and presentational communication skills
Education and Qualifications:
- Associates degree in a technical/electronics field or equivalent military experience or two years of equivalent experience
- Technical Certification (CBET) strongly preferred
- Minimum 3 years'experience working with biomedical equipment in a clinical engineering environment
- Valid driver's license required;variable travel requirements depending on primary site that may require use of personal vehicle