Blow Mold Process Engineer
San Antonio, TX 78264 US
- Ability to problem solve proficiently.
- Ensure Blow Molding machines, auxiliary equipment, and connected systems are set to parameters, meet quality standards and all production goals.
- Set up and start up molding machines according to established process parameters.
- Work with Launch Team on new project mold design.
- Establish new project mold process parameters by conducting trials.
- Partner with Launch Team/Production to establish proper standard work instruction for post molded product.
- Monitor and troubleshoot processing problems and document process changes.
- Manage machine process efficiency initiatives, scrap minimization, materials conservation.
- Start and shut down machines.
- Troubleshoot and properly countermeasure any problems with the blow mold machines.
- Understand the importance of reducing and re-using material scrap to protect our environment and save costs.
- Possess a positive attitude at all times while exhibiting professionalism and willingness to work as a team for the best solution.
- Identify and request mold repair as needed.
- Enter work orders into maintenance software.
- Coordinate & escalate various maintenance/processing issues in a timely manner.
- Follow escalation policy.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment, to include but not limited to, overall cleanliness and appearance of the machine and area surrounding machine.
- Perform other activities as required by Manager.
- Coach mold setting Team as needed.
- Coach and discipline Process Techs on daily performance by monitoring tasks performed.
- Perform timecard approvals/schedule vacation accordingly to business needs.
- Monitor training via Paulson Software. Ensure training courses are being taken consistently.
- Monitor and maintain material handling systems.
- Communicate quickly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- 3 years in a position as a Blow Molding Process Technician or similar role required.
- 3 years'experience using machine controls to input settings and do high level troubleshooting required.
- Experience in an automotive JIT manufacturing environment preferred.
- Bachelor Degree preferred.
- Ability to read, write and speak English .
- Ability to stand/walk for up to 9 hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds individually and team lift 50 pounds.
- Be able to work in an environment that is climate controlled but is exposed to potential heat, rain, and cold.
External Applicants Must:
- Be willing to meet the physical requirements above and work overtime as needed, sometimes with minimum notice (including some weekends and holidays) to cover responsibilities based on the needs of the business
- Be able to pass a basic eye acuity exam within 2 weeks of hire
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed, including some weekends and holidays
- Be able to meet all above noted expectations in the Job Summary