San Antonio, TX 78223 US
Responsible for material planning, purchasing of raw material and components and vendor management required to support equipment assembly, steel fabrication, electronic assembly, custom fabrication and safe assembly.
Primary job responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Support Material Manager with team focus.
- Lead daily and weekly activities.
- Source new suppliers and develop strong working relationships with primary suppliers to maintain quality, provide competitive pricing and reduce lead times
- Establish supplier Kanban and vendor managed inventory programs to reduce inventory and material handling costs
- Negotiate supply contracts and blanket orders for high cost or high use items
- Develop and review material requirements plans based on order driven schedules to minimize part shortages while reducing inventory
- Meet annual cost savings goals through negotiated pricing, direct to stock and other programs that add value, reduce waste and reduce product lead times
- Manage vendor quality performance with an expectation of a 99%+ quality and on-time delivery rating
- Responsible for review and completion of corrective action requests (CARS)
- Responsible for reviewing and executing Engineering Change Notices (ECN)
- Responsible for maintaining accurate system costs and resolving vendor payment issues
- Identify and implement continuous process improvements that support team, department and corporate goals
- Assist in planning and execution of annual physical inventory
- Actively participate in department cross-training and assist in implementing and documenting process improvements
- Work with and at the direction of the Senior buyer to expand knowledge/skills
- Occasional travel for off-site meetings with suppliers
Sufficient education, supervisory experience and work experience to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and ability to perform the functions required by this job classification. Typically acquired through:
- Undergraduate degree with 5+ years of purchasing and management experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must have Metal purchasing experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Detail oriented with strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to comprehend engineering drawings for sourcing parts and components
- Experience with investment castings and other hard tooled products
- Experience in performing part and product cost analysis
- Proficient in Microsoft Word. Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- MRP/ERP System Experience
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to interface with team members, supervisors and employees at all levels
- Client requires a COVID Vaccination for all roles.