San Diego, CA 92121 US
Make an impact on the quality of products provided to our customers in the aerospace, defense, and many other industries. The CMM Programmer will have access to a wide range of high-tech quality control equipment, including CMMs and articulated arm CMMs. They will be involved in the development of measurement strategies for complex carbon fiber and other composite parts and components.
- Exciting opportunity to help develop and implement quality systems in a growing organization
- Impactful role, and one in which you will enjoy considerable autonomy and variety
- Must have CMM Programming experience with quality control technologies experiences using CAMIO Software/LK (Nikon) CMM equipment.
- CNC Programmer experience with NX & CMM programming would be a big plus.
- Quality, Mechanical or Manufacturing or Process Engineer with CMM programming experience would be a big plus
- CAMIO SW upgrade transition experience from 8.5 –2021- a big plus
- Commitment to Quality: Committed to maintaining customer success through attention to detail on all inspection projects
- Team Player: Can effectively work alongside a cross-functional team to accurately collect and disseminate quality information at all levels of the organization
- Systematic Approach: Well organized and can operate in a fast-paced environment
- Metrics Driven: Keeps Score. Continuously strives for improvement in performance
- Perform inspections and tests according to defined measurement plans and report results.
- Interface with quality and project engineering to provide information on test and inspection results.
- Create coordinate measuring machine inspection programs for new components and improve existing programs
- Ensure component compliance with all written standards
- Accurately complete quality and traceability documentation for all activities
- Participate in company culture of continuous improvement
- Other tasks depending on skills experiences
- Comfortable Programming CMM's with CAMIO
- At least 3 years'experience with manufacturing quality control or Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering or Quality Engineering or Process Engineering
- Experience with CMMs, such as LK or Nikon.
- Ability to interpret drawings, specifications, and acceptance test procedures, including full knowledge of reading geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Experience operating within a AS9100 and ISO9001 facility
- Experience with composites a plus
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required
- Computer literate with experience in Word, Excel, and Outlook.