CNC Programmer (Manager)
Oakdale, PA 15071 US
*Pay is hourly with OT if/when needed
*Hands on manager is really what it is...
CNC Department Manager
Our Client is a high-volume producer of precision machined products. We are looking for a CNC Programmer with a strong background in CNC operations to join their team as a CNC Department Manager.
This role offers the advantage of a 1st shift schedule, no travel, and no mandatory overtime. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing our client's CNC department, utilizing his/her expertise with Fanuc and Siemens controls to optimize production processes, and conduct/oversee mechanical and electrical repairs as needed.
- Manage and lead the CNC department, ensuring efficient workflow and optimal resource allocation.
- Program CNC machines with proficiency using Fanuc and Siemens controls.
- Develop manufacturing documentation to enhance production efficiency and quality.
- Conduct or oversee routine maintenance and mechanical repairs on CNC and other shop equipment.
- Maintain accurate records of production activities, adjustments, and machine performance.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by adhering to safety procedures and company policies.
- Proven experience with setting up and programming CNC lathes, specifically with Fanuc and Siemens controls.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and hands-on experience in conducting repairs and maintenance on CNC lathes and other shop equipment.
- Skilled in tool selection, process design. Set-up, and machining operations
- Prior experience managing a CNC department is a plus.
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting technical drawings and blueprints.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot machining issues.
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to producing high-quality work.
- Experience with Autodesk Fusion 360 is a plus.