Clinical Engineering Sr. Site Manager
Vancouver, WA 98666 US
The Clinical Engineering Senior Site Manager leads clinical engineering initiatives to provide superior customer service and operational efficiency by managing the execution of the company's Medical Equipment Management Plan (MEMP). This position manages operations on a day-to-day basis, collaborates and maintains positive relationships with customers, works to develops associates, and provides a communication channel between hospital executives and the company. The Clinical Engineering Senior Site Manager also directs Joint Commission inspections and ensures that the company's services are in compliance with regulatory standards.
- Apply knowledge and experience of technology and/or equipment to oversee site operations and provide direction to others
- Motivate others through praise, recognition, and rewards
- Manage personnel by staffing and scheduling technicians in a manner that assures the best service possible
- Coach and mentor technicians and/or site managers, team leads, and supervisors by providing feedback on performance and documentation habits to deliver continuous service excellence
- Influences change through recommendation guiding other professionals based on credibility and technical knowledge
- Manage Service Operations functions, such as service contracts and resources. Review demand labor, demand parts, labor, contracts, labor, and parts
- Administer MEMP to key performance measures
- Answer questions and meet with others to discern the root cause of technological/process problems
- Manage inventory of shop supplies
- Develop service strategies with an outlook of continuous process improvement. Provide metrics to company's Central Office and work to meet these requirements
- Manage Joint Commission inspections and make sure open work orders are made a priority and that performance assurance inspections are documented
- Provide timely feedback on projects and other requests as assigned
- Identifying variances to the norm, and making decisions about immediate corrective action
- External customer interaction –defines and recommends solutions to satisfy issues risen by external customer (hospital C suite level);includes regular interaction with external customers
- Sets local strategy to achieve goals operating within set parameters, policies or management. Authority to determine local strategies and execute
- Champions and leads continuous improvement initiatives including evaluating site wide metrics root cause and building corrective actions to bring back to the standard. Includes identifying variances to the norm and making decisions about corrective actions.
- May be over one site or multiple sites that are $5M to $15M in revenue
- Financial management PL responsibility
- Narrow financial and operational business targets with a focus on tactical operations
- Portfolio –Hospital system level and standalone
- General time horizon for tasks and planning:
- *Weekly: 10%
- *Monthly 50%
- *Quarterly: 30%
- *Annually 10%
Account Management & Development
- Build relationships across a diverse and complex political customer base
- Effectively collaborate with customers and vendors to develop win-win solutions
- Identify and pursue opportunities for business entry
- Manage financial performance
- Promote opportunities for scope of service expansions
- Be accountable for long term technical strategic scope of service expansion
- Multiple accounts and/or system level responsibility
- Engages with the client on a local level and has an understanding of growth opportunities. Provides information and insight to operational leadership, client services and key internal stakeholders as appropriate
Leadership: Provide clear direction to ensure collective achievement of goals and objectives. Create an environment of respect, collaboration, and open communication.
Associate Development: Identify and support development needs of direct reports and team members including connecting them to resources both internally and externally to ensure a culture of continuous improvement.
Associate Engagement: Create high levels of employee engagement by understanding organizational and personal drivers that impact drivers and developing action plans that deliver increased engagement.
Performance Management: Set clear goals and expectations for teams, monitor, and enable performance and intervene with appropriate action when performance gaps occur and provide timely, honest feedback. Ensure that associates complete assigned actions by required deadlines.
All other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to think and manage strategically
- Ability to manage day-to-day and long-term site operations
- Ability to lead, motivate, and develop others
- Ability to perform financial analysis and calculate budgets, revenue, and costs
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required
- Strong written, verbal, and presentational communication skills
- Rarely required to bend, crouch, climb, balance, or otherwise maneuver body to perform equipment and/or environment of care inspections
- Occasionally required to grab, grasp, or otherwise handle tools to teach and mentor technicians
- Build relationships across a diverse, and multiple customer base
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in electronics, engineering or technological field required.
- Technical certification such as A+, CBET, CRES, CLES, or CCE preferred
- Minimum 7 years'experience managing in a clinical engineering environment or direct management experience with proven business acumen and ability to develop others
- Previous leadership experience and leading others is a must. Exception basis: Successful graduate of the company's Plus One program