Long Beach, CA 90815 US
Needs someone with an understanding of building systems design and their functionality. Have a hands-on understanding of building systems and an ability to identify issues related to system operations and maintainability. Has continuous education and training programs that keep all team members up-to-date on industry trends, changes to code requirements, new products, and changes to commissioning standards and processes.
- Perform design reviews on project drawings, specifications, equipment submittals, and shop drawings for compliance with the owner's project requirements, basis of design, and sustainability goals.
- Prepare a commissioning plan, pre-functional checklist, and functional performance tests to conform to the project specifications and drawings.
- Document issues identified at all phases of the project and ensure their resolution.
- Prepare reports documenting project progress, commissioning issues, training of owner's personnel, functional test results, and achieving the energy savings set out in the sustainability goals.
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering or Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Certified Commissioning Agent through ACG, ASHRAE, or BCA
- Minimum five years of experience in mechanical design for new and existing commercial buildings
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Minimum 5+ years of experience as a mechanical design engineer working with a consulting engineer or firm designing mechanical systems for facilities/buildings
- Building Envelope Commissioning Experience, Monitored Commissioning Experience, and Retro Commissioning Experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with people through oral presentations and written communications
- Ability to work well under pressure, juggle, and prioritize multiple projects
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, creative, self-motivated, and enthusiastic
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience in maintaining strong client relationships are required
- Computer literacy, including all core applications and the ability to quickly learn as needed
- Experienced at using a computer, preferably knowledgeable with MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook