Controls Engineer Level II
Horsham, PA 19044 US
- Researches, designs, tests and manages electrical systems by performing the following duties.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Advanced understanding of electrical circuitry and schematics diagrams is required.
- Project management of pre-engineered / designed systems
- Directs and coordinates operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment and systems in field installations
- Confers with Production Coordinator, Layout Supervisor & Wiring Supervisor, to resolve problems regarding building of assigned controls systems
- Interface with client to resolve production and design issues
- Lead project-based client interaction (kickoff meetings, design reviews, weekly project status meetings
- Directs activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and customer requirements
- Reviews schematics with customer's representatives to answer questions or resolve design concerns Uses AutoCAD, ERP system (Sage business system), and Microsoft Office products to perform engineering and project management tasks
- Designs electrical schematics and general layout drawings from client's specifications
- Stays current with industry trends and new technologies
- Programs HMI and PLCs on smaller scale projects when requested
- Configures VFDs and controllers per client specifications
- Assists in flashing firmware and configuring PLCs and HMI when requested
- Configure / setup computer systems with applicable software
- Perform point-to-point and functional power-up testing of control panels
- Performs or assists E3 engineer with functional testing of engineered systems
- Assists Sales Department in selecting components and estimating engineering scope on quotations