Director, Material Management
Rochester, NY 14626 US
World-leading in vitro diagnostics company with award-winning expertise in immunoassay and molecular testing, clinical chemistry and transfusion medicine. We are more than 6, 000 strong and do business in over 130 countries, providing answers with fast, accurate and consistent testing where and when they are needed most home to hospital, lab to clinic.
Our culture puts our team members first and prioritizes actions that support happiness, inspiration and engagement. We strive to build meaningful connections with each other as we believe that employee happiness and business success are linked. Join us in our mission to transform the power of diagnostics into a healthier future for all.
As we continue to grow we are seeking a Director of Material Management, Rochester and Raritan Network. This role is responsible for the strategic leadership of the network material management (Rochester & Raritan). Responsibilities will include planning, purchasing and warehouse functions within the sites. The Director of Material Management, Rochester and Raritan Network will have complete oversight of these functions within multiple sites which provide critical diagnostics and life saving products under FDA regulated sites. The position will also partner with global supply chain and procurement organizations to ensure transparency and alignment.
This position can be in Rochester, NY or Raritan, NJ time be split between the two locations once per month.
- Develops strategy and vision by partnering closely with regional and global stakeholders to optimize end to end material management processes in support of meeting/exceeding customer expectations, and ensuring their needs are met by delivering the right products on time, while managing safety stocks of raw materials.
- Manages S&OP supply planning processes.
- Accountable of all raw and WIP inventories planning and safety stock management.
- Ensures compliance with cycle count inventory management process.
- Responsible for data analysis, KPI development and training on tools needed to improve daily management of backorders and delivery of right product at right time.
- Oversight of the Rochester and Raritan Warehouse and space management
- Continuously develop material management personnel and other key talent within the regional organization
- Make strategic recommendations for the business for continuous improvement activities.
- Direct managers and their teams working on driving functional excellence. Drive regional supply chain metrics
- Manage implementation of new systems such as SAP within the areas of responsibility.
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in a Technical Discipline (Logistics, Operations, Engineering, Business, Finance, IT or related).
- 8-10 years of related operations management & leadership to include experience in areas such as: manufacturing plant management, planning/materials management, logistics, warehousing and sourcing/procurement required.
- Required Travel: 30% mostly domestic
- MBA or equivalent Masters degree is desirable.
- Multi-state operations management experience a plus.
Internal partners: Global Supply Chain and Global Procurement
External Partners: Suppliers, Vendors
Reports to VP Operations
The Work Environment
The work environment characteristics are representative of an office, laboratory and manufacturing environment. Flexible work hours to meet project deadlines and support of operational goals. Position requires ability to flexibly spend time on the desk, analyzing data, in meetings as well as hand-on product testing as needed. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Position requires use of Personal Protective Equipment as posted.
The salary range for this position takes into account a wide range of factors including education, experience, knowledge, skills, geography, and abilities of the candidate, in addition to internal equity and alignment with market data. It is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. The salary range for this position is $120, 000 to $241, 000 and is bonus eligible: 25%. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, along with a 401(k) plan, employee assistance program, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off (including sick time), and paid Holidays. All benefits are non-contractual, and we may amend, terminate, or enhance the benefits provided, as it deems appropriate.