Director of Manufacturing Operations
Butte, MT 59701 US
Our company is a fast-paced, advanced technology development company manufacturing, marketing and selling world-class mixing systems. We are located in Southwest Montana. This opportunity represents an excellent career and lifestyle opportunity for the correct individual to lead the manufacturing of existing breakthrough and emerging mixing technologies. These advanced mixing technologies are currently sold in 38 countries, encompassing 20 industries.
Our company is a successful, growing, dynamic, new product development and manufacturing company that designs advanced technologies for mixing solutions supporting a broad range of industries and processing applications worldwide. Current products include advanced mixing and chemical processing technologies, as well as numerous subsystems and accessories provided to support and expand the mixing technology processing capabilities.
The Director of Manufacturing Operations will be assigned responsibilities for various operational and developmental aspects of the company's continued development and growth. Key capabilities will include the implementation and execution of organization and management protocols to ensure efficient and effective utilization of resources. This work will include the development and implementation of methods that focus on the needs of the company as it undergoes rapid growth in product sales and manufacturing processes.
Although the company is highly focused on growth and profitability, there is a clear historical commitment to health of the organization and of the business, which requires both strong and agile organizational and leadership skills and a robust commitment to success.
In order to qualify for this challenging position, the candidate must possess a BS degree (MS preferred) in Engineering and 10 or more years of successful business operations, manufacturing, manufacturing improvement knowledge, and product line extension manufacturing experience.
The drive to be out in front and to continuously be on the move are essential, as well as the capabilities to sustain high levels of effort to achieve the demands required by an ambitious business portfolio, are essential elements for success.
Uncompromised loyalty to the success of the company and standards of unquestionable integrity are imperative requisites to success for this position.
The successful candidate will be a high-tech-savvy manager with experience in product development, product manufacturing with the ability to implement and execute operational methods that support the corporate vision and strategy. The proven capability to develop and to successfully execute tactics that result in successful company operations outcomes is essential.
The Operations Director position will maintain production schedules to criteria established by management and clients' needs. The managed activities will include allocation of man-loading, working within budget constraints and being able to sustain order and cohesiveness as workload changes to accommodate the introduction of new projects into the manufacturing schedule. Exceptionally strong multi-program/project management skills are essential.
We are seeking a multifaceted individual with outstanding communication capabilities, team building/planning skills, and one who possess, strong supervisory, solid interpersonal/management capabilities, effective organizational abilities, and exceptional communication skills.
The successful candidate must have:
- A track-record that demonstrates success of working in high-technology product manufacturing fields.
- Demonstrated history as a productive, innovative technical manager, with success in a high-tech industrial equipment manufacturing environment.
- Successful implementation of Enterprise Resource Planning software.
- Demonstrated ability to listen to customers' needs, develop solutions to meet their requirements, trust and respect.
- Ability to combine extensive knowledge of emerging technologies with broad organizational focus, assimilate knowledge of company technology products, applications and manufacturing capabilities and to lead manufacturing in these areas.
- Capability to quickly grasp new technological concepts and implement operational mechanisms to efficiently fold them into the company structure.
- Talent to serve as liaison between research team, engineering team, manufacturing team and vendors that results in quality manufactured products.
- Knowledge and experience in sound operational process development, supply chain management, warehouse management and quality control.
This position requires a driven, enthusiastic individual with strong operational skills, proven management experience and the ability to work with a diverse group of associates in a vertically integrated high-tech business.
Passion for working in a diverse, demanding and exciting technology environment is crucial. Strong work ethic and team player attributes are paramount.
- Lead the overall manufacturing strategy, planning, operations, procurement and ERP management.
- Develop and incorporate solid operational safety, regulatory compliance, quality assurance, cost control and programs into all manufacturing processes.
- Adopt process designs, technologies, and methods that maximize operational efficiency.
- Plans and forecasts resources for facilities, equipment, materials, technology, and workforce to ensure sufficient manufacturing capacity to support business goals.
- Promote organization culture to meet the goals.
- Design, implement and maintain an effective, efficient organizational structure to successfully support current and future business strategies.
- Lead change management activities, be a key contributor to business thinking, foster effective relationships with other internal/external functional groups and provide strong leadership to the teams by encouraging diversity of thought.
- Promote and focus on employee development and performance, and ensuring teams continually acquire new technology and management skills.
- Manage and improve strong cross-training program.
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering (ABET Accredited), Masters of Science Engineering (Preferred).
- Ten years of manufacturing and warehouse supervisory/management experience.
- Strong computer skills including MRP, ERP, inventory and warehouse management, MS Office, PowerPoint
- U.S. Citizen.
- Action Oriented: You display a sense of urgency and are known for being a timely decision maker.
- Analytical Thinker: You need to have insight and enjoy solving problems.
- Decision-Making Skills: You have a reputation for making quality decisions and sticking to them
- Facilitator: You are good at negotiating win-win solutions.
- Organized: You assemble all necessary materials and information before starting a task.
- Presentation skills: You are confident when speaking to groups and presenting information.
- Quality written communication: Your writing is concise and descriptive, and you believe it is necessary to "overcommunicate project status/updates.
- Detail Orientation: You are able to see the "big picture and go into details all at the same time.
- Problem Solving: You are able to solve problems with structure and teach at the same time.
Exceptional Benefits Package Includes:
- Generous Vacation Package
- Medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Flexible benefit plan
- Pension/profit sharing and 401(k)
- Relocation allowance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Tuition assistance