North HIlls, CA 91343 US
Hiring Drawing Checker with experience as an Electrical/Mechanical drawing checker. Must have ability to read, interpret and explain detailed regulations, procedures, and engineering instructions, drawings and specifications.
Full-time Opportunity in North Hills, CA.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Checks documentation of fabricated items, schematics, assemblies, and Source Control Drawings (SCD's) to ensure conformance to design documentation, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Standards and design data supplied by engineering.
- Verifies form and fit completeness and consistency of dimensioning of drawings. Recommends changes to ensure compliance with standards, procedures and specifications.
- Verifies documentation to vendor data sheets;represents the group and coordinates correspondence with vendor.
- Recommends changes and updates to the Design and CMM's.
- Confers with engineering to resolve drawing and design discrepancies.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires an Associate's degree in a related technical field and twelve or more years progressively complex experience as an Electrical/Mechanical drawing checker. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate a complete understanding of ASME Y14.5 and DoD-100;and a complete working knowledge of CAD.
- Must be customer focused
- The ability to read, interpret and explain detailed regulations, procedures, and engineering instructions, drawings and specifications
- Interpersonal, verbal and written communicate skills to work with all levels of employees and customers
- Strong computer skills with specific knowledge in Adobe PDF, PDF Studio or similar
- Analytical ability to identify and define issues, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
- Ability to record precise information and submit reports.
- Experience working in SolidWorks is preferred