Electrical Cad Designer
Ramsey, NJ 07446 US
- Previous electrical design experience is a "must have skill.
- Must be very proficient in Autodesk AutoCAD.
- Must have a strong background in control panel design.
- Must have a working knowledge of electrical standards related to panel design and field wiring.
- Must have a sincere interest and passion for new technology.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Detailed knowledge of control system hardware and instrumentation (pneumatic and electronic). This would include field mounted and panel mounted instruments.
- Must be capable of researching and selecting new components and design integration.
- Minimum of three years of related experience.
- A minimum of a two year degree in computer drafting or engineering technology is required.
- Must posses a valid driver's license.
Job Responsibilities (include but are not limted to):
- Develop and modify control system schematics for Process Automation projects using Autodesk's AutoCAD. Advanced proficiency is a must. This includes P&ID drawings, control system schematics, wiring drawings, pneumatic/hydraulic drawings, and interconnect drawings.
- Ability to evaluate new instrumentation and electrical components for use in our standard automation products.
- Interact directly with our panel shop in releasing drawings for bid and in answering questions that might come up during panel fabrication.
- Overall responsibility for Glatt's Process Automation CAD baselines and standards.
- Make suggestions for improvements to existing Process Automation departmental standards (hardware designs, preferred vendors, drawings, etc.).
- Develop the control system schematics in accordance with the project schedule and budget.
- Effectively communicate project delays, scope changes, customer relationship issues, technical deficiencies, etc. To the project team and to management.
- Work as an integral member of concurrent project teams.
- May be required to assist in panel inspection services. This includes confirmation that the panels conform to control panel standards and applicable electrical codes.
- Maintain and update the Process Automation CAD system and departmental standards to accommodate the changing needs of the industry and in electrical standards.
- Keep up to date on current standards and codes which affect the format and or content of Process Automation drawings and schematics.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.