Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830 US
Work Schedule Monday - Friday (40 Hours) - ONSITE Position
The Electrical Designer will work closely with the Design and engineering teams, line of business customers, outside vendors, and project management staff to support project-specific requirements and create conceptual and production CAD designs, detail drawings, and other supporting documentation.
- Work closely with Engineering to develop innovative conceptual and production design packages in support of project requirements.
- Provide CAD design layouts and detailed drawings to support Engineering for capital and expense projects
- Establish a strategy for design development against schedule-driven technical milestones
- Served as primary mechanical lead for design, production, integration, and testing performed both by internal team and external vendors.
- Review design package with vendors and shops for conformance with design documentation
- Develop and participate in project design reviews
- Perform research of background and historical data in support of identifying project requirements and developing design solutions
- Research and select proper materials, processes, and vendors to be specified for design projects
- Ensure that drawings comply with applicable codes, legislation, and regulatory requirements as well as both internal and industry standards, including state-specific ride law
- Review design packages with vendors and shops for conformance with design documentation
- Work with Engineers and Document Management staff to ensure as-built drawings and other project documentation are properly detailed and submitted into the electronic data management system (EDMS) for archival and are subsequently properly updated
- Stay abreast of new technologies and best practices regarding designs, materials, and products by sharing knowledge and lessons learned
- Four (4) or more years of design experience as a Designer or degreed Engineer in a design environment working in a multi discipline, technical, electrical design team setting
- AutoCAD electrical and Eplan experience (professional training and/or certification)
- Engineering and electrical/mechanical design skills, including manufacturing practices and processes
- Knowledge of materials (metals, composites, plastics), welding, finish processes, ASME standards (Y14 and Y14.5), and engineering documentation skills
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Demonstrated interpersonal, problem solving, analytical, time management, and organizational skills with the ability to effectively communicate to all levels of management
- Ability to work on multiple defined projects as well as within a team in a high-paced environment, and seek guidance/approval with ongoing communication
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, analytical, time management, and organization skills
- Open to quickly learn computer software packages
- Two (2) or more years of college (electrical/mechanical engineering or engineering technology courses) preferably with an associate or higher level degree, or equivalent work experience.
- GD&T training and/or certification
- SolidWorks CSWA certification or equivalent professional training or on the job proficiency acceptable
- AutoCAD 2018, Autodesk Certified Professional in AutoCAD for Design & Drafting preferred, equivalent professional training or on the job proficiency acceptable
- AutoCAD Electrical 2018, professional training preferred, equivalent on the job proficiency acceptable
- Eplan P2.9, Eplan Certified Engineer preferred, equivalent professional training or on the job proficiency acceptable
- Awareness of Industry Standards;documents included but not limited to:
- Florida State Law, Title XXXVI