Peoria, AZ 85345 US
Our company is seeking an Electrical Engineer. This role reports to the Director of Battery development and is based in our R&D facility in Phoenix AZ. The Electrical Engineer will play a key role as part of a team of engineers and technicians developing lithium-ion batteries and related products.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Full life-cycle design from initial concept to production.
- Analog and digital circuit design.
- Writing design specifications and test reports.
- Product testing and validation.
- Coordinating with other engineering disciplines.
- Supporting manufacturing activities.
- Directing activities and reviewing work of junior engineers.
- Occasional travel to suppliers and customers is required.
- Problem solving. Attention to detail. Organization.
- Hands on engineer willing to get their hands dirty in the lab.
- Good communicator, verbal and written.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 10 years of experience.
- Significant design and product development experience.
- Broad knowledge of analog and digital circuits.
- Design, simulation, and circuit analysis.
- Proficiency with schematic capture and PCB layout. Altium Designer preferred.
- Design for EMC and compliance.
- Design for manufacturing and test.
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug electronic circuits and systems.
- Competent with lab equipment such as DMM, oscilloscope, data acquisition, etc.
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
The successful candidate has experience or knowledge in some of the following areas.
- Power Electronics
- Switch mode and linear power supplies
- Battery Chargers
- Lithium-Ion Batteries
- Battery management systems
- Communications buses (I2C, SPI, UART, CAN, etc.)
- Embedded programming in C.