Pittsburgh, PA 15219-1800 US
Corporate Engineering Job Responsibilities:
- Act as primary electrical engineering support for two company divisions.
- Act as primary instrumentation engineering support for division
- Act as primary electrical and instrumentation engineering support for two divisions.
- Act as secondary electrical and instrumentation engineering support for other company division plants
- Help provide consistency in the electrical design to implement the design and safety requirements of the company
- Provide electrical and instrumentation design and design review for projects managed by corporate engineering
- Provide electrical design assistance and review when requested of project managed by plant staff
- Provide technical assistance for logistics and outside customers on electrical railcar heating systems
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Prefer experience in industrial settings specifying electrical equipment and construction specifications.
- Experience with all aspects of electrical and Instrumentation equipment for chemical and manufacturing plant. Including but not limited to medium voltage equipment, low voltage equipment, process instrumentation, programable controllers, fire alarm systems, fire pumps controllers, grounding, lightning protection, static prevention.
- Required understanding of NFPA 70, National Electrical Code
- Required understanding NFPA 70E and IEEE 1584 for electrical workplace safety
- Understanding of NFPA 77, 780
- Understanding of NFPA 30, 31, 496, 497
- Knowledge of NFPA 72
- Knowledge of NFPA 20 and 101
- Knowledge of International Building Code
- Knowledge of the UL White book
- Knowledge of all types of connections in three phase and single-phase system
- The ability to interpret applicable codes and regulations is required
- Professional Engineers license preferred
- Willingness to travel between 25 and 50%
- Relocation assistance is available for this role.