Electrical Project Manager
Universal City, CA 91608 US
The Electrical Project Manager is responsible for managing electrical projects from "cradle to grave throughout the Park. This person will be responsible for all listed below and will report to the Senior Manager, MEP for both Maintenance and Projects.
- Review design documents for construction, completeness, corrections, and coordination and compile a list of comments. Review the existing facility status to evaluate what potential issues used to be addressed by the design documents. Focus will primarily be for electrical projects, but can include other trades (HVAC, plumbing, paint, etc.) to provide full PM service for a particular project.
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc) required to complete the project
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with senior management and external partners
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities;revise the schedule as required
- Contract qualified consultants/vendors to work on the project, as appropriate. Work with internal trades to develop estimates per scope of work.
- Establish clear ownership for project tasks, ensure that team members have the tools needed, and provide timely feedback.
- Work with trades directly to schedule and coordinate work (electrical, plumbing, HVAC, etc.)
- Closely manage project timelines, budget, and stakeholder expectations to deliver a successful project
- Work closely with appropriate municipalities to obtain appropriate permits or other approvals for the project requirements/scope
- Responsible for governmental inspections and approvals through Final / Certificate or Occupancy
- Provides interface between Facility Engineering Department, Park Operations, Entertainment Department, Creative Department, EHS, etc
- Responsible for all documentation required for site access, Client down and other logistics for the contractors and vendors. Assist in the presentation of all required construction management processes including but not limited to: RFP's, RFI's, Shop Drawings, Directives, Submittals, Punch Lists, Short Form Agreements and other documents as required
- Execute the project according to the project plan.
- Track progress and review project tasks to make certain deadlines are met appropriately
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
- Ensure that punch list and turn-over are completed to the stakeholder's satisfaction.
- Monitor the progress of all assigned projects through updated schedules. Review and ensure that the safety plan is in place prior to starting work
- Monitor and approve all budgeted project expenditures
- Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to senior management on a regular basis
- Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date
- Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university in Construction Management, Engineering or related field;or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 5 years of project management/maintenance planning experience with a general contractor or project management firm. Project Management certification preferred. Experience working as an electrical contractor preferred.
- Proficient of local/regional codes and ordinances, reading/interpreting construction documents (specifically electrical) and contracts.
- Proven experience managing multiple projects and contractors at once including Tenant Improvement, Ground up and Technology projects in a fast paced environment.
- Ability & willingness to work overtime, weekends and holidays with short notice
- Experience working with CMMS systems preferred. (Maximo, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Project.
Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Desired Characteristics
- Theme Park Operations knowledge and experience
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of employees and management, and willingness to give assistance to co-workers in other areas. Strong team player.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible is essential
- Experience managing in a union environment