McCook, IL 60525 US
GENERAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide written input to Customer Service for the preparation of Crane System or Custom Product quotes. Provide written responses to Requests for Information.
- Prepare order design and generate CAD drawings, 3D Models and other documents for manufacturing and assembly. Support production as necessary.
- Participate in the generation of Design Basis documents (Engineering Docs/Drawings/Electrical Diagrams) and review the output of others.
- Provide verbal response (by phone or in person) to questions from Customer Service, Manufacturing & Production, Sales, Distributors and End Users.
- Supervise the workload of CEG, delegate tasks and keep current and project-based work when required.
- Perform sporadic Product Support offering installation and troubleshooting expertise for in-field operations.
- Occasionally accompany sales personnel on sales calls.
- Exhibit interpersonal skills sufficient to perform as an active team member and Group Lead. Work closely with Production personnel to resolve design issues, troubleshoot or to enhance workflow.
- Lead continuous improvement for Custom Order Fulfillment.
- Solicit input and ideas from stakeholders such as production personnel, and management/supervision team.
- Contribute own inputs and ideas for continuous improvement.
- Work with the Design Automation group to develop enhancement to ETO fulfillment.
- Perform other duties as requested by company management.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering field preferred (equivalent experience considered)
- Familiarity with CAD drawing and SoildWorks preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Ability to recognize efficiency or in-efficiencies and self-motivated for improvement initiatives
- Mechanical aptitude
- Proficiency using Microsoft Suite (Word, Visio, Project, Excel, and Access)
- Occasional domestic US travel
- Ability to maintain positive vendor and client relationships
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to sit 6+ hours a day
- Occasional bending, squatting, and lifting.
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English.
- Work closely with Production personnel to solicit input for improvement and workflow enhancements while demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Build business relationships primarily around good, solid, and courteous service, followed by individual rapport. Avoid excuses or negative explanations.
- Conduct all interactions with customers, vendors, field sales representatives, co-workers, and supervisors in a focused, positive, courteous, and respectful manner.
- Regular attendance is an essential element of the job. Unplanned absences have the potential to impair the operation of the department and diminish effectiveness of the company.