Engineering Project Manager
San Antonio, TX 78219 US
The Engineering Project Manager will manage programs from inception to completion utilizing program management methodologies and working with departmental or cross-functional teams to deliver new or upgraded products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead program review and status meetings and communicates project status
- Motivate and drive the program team to ensure optimal performance
- Ensure products are launched on time, within budget and meet all quality metrics
- Provide leadership to cross-functional teams of Design Engineering, Supply Chain, Manufacturing Engineering, Lean Engineering, Sales, and third-party partners in executing new product introduction projects or enhancements
- Effectively mitigate project risks and create opportunities for project execution enhancements
- Execute the NPI process through all stage gates and meet overall schedule
- Coordinate the resolution of issues between business functions to drive overall project process
- Ensure material is available to support all development builds
- Operate with a completesense of ownership and urgency at every stage of the new product development process.
- Knowledge of program management approaches, tools, and methodologies.
- Facilitate cross-functional project team gate and launch assessments and utilize root cause analysis tools to determine lessons learned and Client out counter measures for future projects.
- Experience with PC based Project Management documentation tools including MS Project or equivalent.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline
- 2 + years of experience in a Technical Project Management role or equivalent
- Demonstrated working knowledge within technical engineering design/manufacturing business units
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing techniques, CNC operations and acquisition of tooling
- 5 + years of experience in a Project Manager role or equivalent
- PMP certified 2+ years'experience with electrical/electronic lighting product development
- General knowledge of castings (die and investment), forgings, plastic injection moldings, extrusions, machining, heat sink design, sheet metal, surface treatments (powder coating, painting, plating), stamping, drawing including tooling lead times
- Basic knowledge in light sources and LED Technologies, including LEDs, COBs, PCBs, Drivers, Control Systems, thermal management (simulation and testing)
- Strong and proven experience with driving development of electro-mechanical products utilizing medium volume manufacturing domestically and/or overseas
- Documented track record of managing multiple projects in parallel (5+)
- SolidWorks CAD experience.
- Experience presenting to C-level stakeholders
- Smoke free workplace