Petaluma, CA 94954 US
This role requires a deep appreciation and experience/knowledge of amplifiers, comfort managing a diverse and passionate group with artistic sensibilities, experience and leadership for Continuous Improvement in a craft environment, deals in facts and metrics as decision points, and can work successfully to budget/forecast as a Cost Center. As a relatively small facility, this position requires an energetic and involved approach on all topics around a structured Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Human Resources (SQDCHr ) framework.
- Works with Leadership/Management teams to set strategic goals and priorities.
- Transforms high level directional needs into a workable business plan and promotes execution of that plan with the appropriate metrics and timelines for business success
- Monitors and influences daily production activities and metrics together with the Production
- Manager and supporting Team Members.
- Manages Quality, Materials, Engineering, and Production professionals on a daily basis.
- Manages cross matrix business integration with Finance, HR, Product Development, and Sales professionals who support the facility from the Petaluma, HQ, and other facilities.
- High profile leadership - Walks the production floor daily and helps maintain an inclusive, servant-leadership based culture.
- Reports up through the organization monthly on KPI's in a structured SQDCHr format with precise summarized input on variances from plan.
- Working with cross functional partners, develops and promotes an appropriate timeline and skills/technology development for on-time delivery of new products.
- Works closely with the site Controller to prepare, present and execute the Cost Center operational budget.
- Prepares, drives approval and executes on Capital spending.
- Maintains and further drives Safety as priority
- Promotes and further drives a product quality focus that anticipates customer's expectations for a craft based premier-level product.
- Employee can be asked to perform other duties that are reasonable within the area of expertise
- Excellent presentation and strong communications skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to be creative, flexible, and adaptable to new situations and assignments
- Must be independent, self-motivated and possess a positive attitude, operating well in a team
- Strong interpersonal, mentoring, coaching and conflict resolution skills
- Proven ability to work with all levels of management and foster relationships with operational personnel
- Proven experience supporting growth through transparency, consistency and disciplined execution
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and organize workload to meet organizational timelines in a fast paced, very high growth environment
- Ability to work with Senior Executives of the Company
- Leadership skills necessary to coach and mentor others;effective supervisory skills with an ability to develop a team, review employee performance, address escalated issues, generate assignments, and set priorities
- Provide insightful ways/approaches to motivate others and identify strengths and developmental opportunities with talent
- Good analytical and critical thinking skills, with ability to make effective decisions
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or concerns
- Technical and comprehensive knowledge of operating procedures
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation,
- Flexibility to adapt quickly to changing circumstances;able to proactively question and challenge to prioritize and identify solutions in timely manner
- Clear thinker with outstanding numeric ability supported by a rounded commercial awareness
- Able to see the big picture but possesses a pragmatic /flexible approach to delivery
- Hands-on high-end craft experience
- Curious in nature and always looking to question, learn, and look for better ways to do things
- Relish working in a company with a diverse and fast paced environment
- Personable, fun, team oriented
- Thorough understanding and strong working knowledge of high-end electronic device/craft
- Knowledge of business practices and procedures related to craft-based facility management
- Bachelor's degree in a related field is required.
- Minimum of 8 year's progressive leadership experience in production management
- Experience successfully managing highly skilled artisans
- A wood shop environment dedicated to all processes related to wood transformation and
- Dedicated offices, cubicles, and meeting rooms.
- Occasional travel to and between the company's manufacturing and HQ locations.
Basic physical stances and actions (sitting, standing, walking);occasional 25lb lifts.