Firmware Engineer (Communications Emphasis)
Camarillo, CA 93012 US
We are looking for an experienced Firmware Engineer to be a key contributor within our Embedded Products Development Team. This team develops state of the art embedded features and products associated with servo controls for motion systems and robotics applications.
- Develop and implement effective, robust, and sustainable code for projects targeting our embedded servo amplifier platform, while working within a multi-developer team construct.
- Analyze customer requests while creating engineering requirements and specifications.
- Provide functional analysis, estimate resource allocation and define interfaces for firmware modules.
- Work with software developers to ensure inter-operability between host and embedded systems.
- Create specifications and complete unit testing prior to release and customer evaluation.
- Work Experience (post-graduate): 4+ years with BS degree or 2+ years with MS degree developing embedded firmware in C/C++.
- Experience in implementing at least one real-time 100baseT networking protocol from the data link layer up. (Ideally (ECT, Profinet, UDP and TCP/IP).Driver Level)
- Experience with memory operations, serial peripherals (SPI, I2C, CAN), and interrupts.
- Experience with low-level device driver design for microcontrollers in real-time environments.
- Ability to read and follow electrical schematics.
- Good communications skills.
- We are ITAR Registered. Hired candidate must be a US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident.
- This is a full-time position located at our Camarillo, CA facility.
- Minimum: BS degree in electrical, computer engineering, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of 100baseT networking protocols (UDP and TCP/IP) used in motion control
- Experience with real time code development Texas Instruments and ARM processors.
- Experience with Bootloader design.
- Experience with Functional Safety.
- Ability to write desktop test utilities in C++/C# or scripting language (Perl/Python/TCL).
- Experience with motor control or electrical power conversion concepts.
Pay Range: $110, 000 to $145, 000 annual salary.