Firmware Engineer (Motion Control Emphasis)
Camarillo, CA 93012 US
We are looking for an experienced Firmware Engineer to be a key contributor within our Embedded Products Development Team. This team develops state of the art embedded features and products associated with servo controls for motion systems and robotics applications.
- Develop and implement effective, robust, and sustainable code for projects targeting our embedded servo amplifier platform, while working within a multi-developer team construct.
- Analyze customer requests while creating engineering requirements and specifications.
- Provide functional analysis, estimate resource allocation, and define interfaces for firmware modules.
- Work with software developers to ensure inter-operability between host and embedded systems.
- Create specifications and complete unit testing prior to release and customer evaluation.
- Provide documentation for completed work.
- Work Experience (post-graduate): 5+ years work experience with BS degree or 3+ years work experience with MS degree, developing real-time embedded firmware in C++.
- Experience with real-time embedded interrupt driven firmware.
- C++, Assembly.
- Proficient with Motor Control or electrical power conversion concepts (Digital filters, PID Controllers, PWM, Client, SPI).
- Ability to work in a multi-developer environment.
- Ability to read and follow electrical schematics.
- Good communications skills.
- Revision Control Systems (RCS).
- We are ITAR Registered. Hired candidate must be a US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident.
- This is a full-time position located at our Camarillo, CA facility.
- Minimum: BS degree in electrical, computer engineering, physics or equivalent.
- Experience with Texas Instruments and ARM processors.
- Experience with Functional Safety
Pay Range: $110, 000 to $145, 000 annual salary.