HVAC/R Field Service Technician-Data Centers
Chicago, IL 21704 US
Location(s): Northern VA / DC Area (4 openings) - Richmond, VA - Chicago, IL - Milwaukee, WI
- Day shift: Monday to Friday (No nights), Paid OT (as needed)
# of Positions: 7
Our client is a privately owned, global manufacturer of highly efficient temperature and humidity management products and solutions. Our client engineers a full line of precision air conditioners, air handlers, ultrasonic humidifiers, desiccant dehumidifiers and custom solutions, specifically for industrial, commercial and mission critical applications.
- Must possess or be able to develop subject matter expertise of Precision Cooling and Ultrasonic Humidification products.
- The technician must possess a strong aptitude to master new product technologies, electrical schematics, and product/controls integration.
- Must reliably provide Factory Authorized Services including Start-up, Basic Product training, Commissioning Assistance, Preventive Maintenance, Diagnostic, Break/fix and Client interface.
- Must possess and consistently demonstrate a strong work ethic and excellent time management, customer service, computer, verbal and writing skills.
- The technician must accurately report all quality assurance, installation and application deficiencies affecting warranty or unit performance.
- Provide technical support via phone when not scheduled for service
- Coordinate status of all service activity with Field Service Coordinators
- Review in advance any technical information required for scheduled service
- Minimize costs to the company from service and warranty transactions
- Thoroughly document all service activity and promptly submit all reports
- Provide follow-up documentation to customers from site visits for start-up, warranty, and performance evaluations
- Report all expenses accurately and promptly
- Maintain vehicle inventory as necessary
- Available for overtime and off hour assignments
- Available for travel as assigned
- Attend Product Training sessions as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 10 years (Required)
- Journeyman License (Required)
- EPA Type II (Required)
- OSHA 10 (Required)
- High School Diploma and 1-2 years trade school education in HVAC/R and related areas
- Must be in the process training to attain or currently hold a Journeyman's License for HVAC or equivalent license.
- Journeyman/Master HVAC trade license
- 7 years related experience in the HVAC/R industry .
- Non-Licensed Journeyman/Master HVAC trade license, with at least 10 - 13+ years of commercial/industrial based HVAC/R experience) - Considered.
- Type II EPA certification for the handling and reclamation of refrigerants.
- Valid Driver's License with a good driving record.
- OSHA10 Training
- Ability to read and follow written instructions.
- Ability to speak effectively with employees of organization.
- Ability to work from verbal instruction.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.