Pembroke, NH 03275 US
- The Machinist Lead uses their knowledge and skill to interpret SolidWorks CAD models and technical drawings to solve work holding and setup needs, write CNC programs, select tooling, and prepare shop travelers.
- Additional duties include assisting in bid estimates, procurement, and other problem solving.
- Interpret technical drawings and use knowledge to setup metal working processes;work holding fixtures, process steps, equipment and tooling selection.
- Efficiently write programs on 3, 4 & 5 axis milling machines and lathe using MasterCAM or SolidCAM.
- Support Setup and prove out processes with Machinist on fleet of HAAS machines.
- Determine the sequence of machine operations and select the proper cutting tools needed to machine work pieces, develops proves development.
- Design and manufacture part holding fixtures for High Mix - Low Volume production.
- Prepare shop travelers and schedule. JobBOSS experience a plus.
- Works closely with Quality Control in dimensional and attribute product inspections to ensure quality and 1st Article Inspection.
- Troubleshoot and resolve manufacturing process issues;fixtures, machine, tooling, etc.
- Work with and provide feedback to customers and internal stakeholders
- Train machinists, operators and other machinists-in-training to run jobs.
- Must have moved up the ranks with solid CNC Machining experience
- Ability to create accurate computer-generated 3D models and drawings for all new Fixtures, Parts, and Assemblies using 3D Modeling Software SolidWorks required.
- CAM programming experience using MasterCAM or SolidCAM.
- Ability to work closely with experienced machinists to perform machine setups, adjustments and inspection of product produced respond to machinists comments and suggestions
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Equipment includes wide assortment of HAAS lathes and mills.
- Flexibility with regard to job assignments.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, if required.
- Mechanical Engineering, a plus, but not required