Machinist - 2nd Shift
San Antonio, TX 78219 US
Looking for a Machinist to work 2nd shift (2: 30pm to 11: 00pm)
(Training will be done on 1st shift.)
- Review blueprints, drawings, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of part/product, sequence of operations, and/or setup operations.
- Identify, produce, and gauge a variety of threads.
- Measure, mark, and otherwise indicate the dimensions and reference points on the part or material to be used as guides for subsequent machining.
- Select, align, and secure the holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines to include mills, lathes, and grinders.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate various machine factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut.
- Start and observe machine operation to detect any malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjust the machine controls or control media as necessary.
- Verify conformance of finished part to ensure that it meets specifications.
- Perform daily maintenance duties and/or notify supervisor of any equipment-related issues that may require attention.
- Maintain clean and orderly work area.
- High School Diploma or GED (Community college study a plus)
- Two or more years of actual machining experience and operation of CNC machinery (mills, lathes, etc.)
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Applicants must have the ability to read, speak and write English.
- Physical Requirements (Ability to do the following up to 10 hours per shift):
- Complete assessment testing to be administered by Production Group Lead
- Walk, stand, sit, bend, twist/turn, kneel, squat, crawl
- Reach outward or above the shoulder
- Lift, carry, push, or pull 15-45 pounds
- Repetitive use of hands and fingers
- Depth perceptions required
- Ability to distinguish basic colors and shades of color
- Air-conditioned and smoke-free workplace