Hyattsville, MD 20781 US
- The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the maintenance department.
- The Manager is responsible for the daily maintenance and upkeep of the shop facilities that support the maintenance efforts for all shifts.
- The Manager leads the maintenance/cleaning staffs and their proper utilization and professional development.
- The Manager is responsible for controlling of expenses, purchases, and the management of inventory related to the maintenance/upkeep of the vehicles, working with compliance of corporate standards regarding preventive maintenance efforts.
- The Manager provides daily support to the Operations Division so that our customers are provided with quality vehicles, both from a maintenance standpoint but also from an appearance/comfort level standpoint.
- The Manager will also provide routine reports relating to maintenance statistics, parts inventory, and issues.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures that the policies of the company are carried out on a daily basis
- Schedules, supervises, directs, and coordinates work for all maintenance employees, both mechanics and cleaners
- Establishes and maintains an adequate record keeping system for vehicle maintenance issues, i.E., use the existing RTA maintenance software to record repairs, preventive maintenance services, etc.;uses these records to analyze results and progress
- Ensures that all fleet vehicles pass all inspections, including but not limited to annual state inspections, military inspections, and any roadside audits/inspections
- Enforce company policies and procedures, including enforcing attendance standards, proper accounting of work hours, and workplace conduct
- Responsible for employee training and development in the maintenance department
- Responsible for planning, assigning, and directing work and evaluating employee performance
- Address complaints and resolve problems, as well as rewarding and disciplining employees
- Monitors shop expenditures, purchases, and parts inventory;reviews these items weekly to ensure that labor costs are controlled, expenses are kept in line with budget, and subordinate managers understand the importance of complying with budget parameters
- Ensures that preventive maintenance is scheduled and that the fleet records are kept in compliance with PM standards;ensure proper diagnosis and repairs occur for all fleet vehicles
- Must exercise continuous leadership and routinely set the example for subordinate employees
- Must be able to "troubleshoot "problems on a daily basis
- Ensure that the maintenance facility is maintained in good condition and complies with all EPA and OSHA requirements
- Supports safety department with regard to compliance records for the DOT
- Must strive for continuous improvements that result in improved results for employees and customers
- Helps to maintain a positive work environment for all company employees through positive leadership and interaction with all staff members and employees
- Other duties as assigned
POSITIONS SUPERVISED - DIRECT/INDIRECT REPORTS:
- Parts Specialist, mechanics, and cleaners
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Job Experience
- Five (5) years of hands on experience with heavy duty diesel trucks or busses and;
- Must have at least five (5) years of supervisory experience
- Additional Skills
- Well-organized, detail oriented
- Extensive maintenance experience is a must
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of DOT regulations, as well as OSHA and EPA rules and regulations
- Must be able to apply this knowledge to the ongoing repair of company equipment and facilities
- Proven leadership and motivational skills
- Ability to represent the organization and project a professional demeanor at all times both in person and on the telephone
- Customer service oriented with superb interpersonal skills
- Able to supervise, coordinate, and direct shop and cleaning personnel
- Knowledge of major systems of company vehicles;ability to diagnose problems using OEM diagnostic software including but not limited to Cummins Insite, Detroit Diagnostic Link, Allison DOC, ZF Testman, Meritor Tool Box, Bendix ACom, Vansco VMM.
- Ability to read electrical schematics, interpret and diagnose electrical circuits including a complete understanding of ohms law.