Maintenance Technician - Night Shift
Poway, CA 92064 US
This position reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor and may be assigned to one of two 12-hour shifts: NIGHT (Shift A or B, 6pm 6am)
Essential functions are focused on two areas: Mechanical Maintenance and Electrical Maintenance.
- Starts machine(s) and observe mechanical operations to determine efficiency, as well as identify defects, malfunctions, and other machine damage.
- Sets up and operates machine(s);adjusting controls that regulate operational functions to ensure conformance to required specifications.
- Dismantles machine(s), removes machine parts, and reassembles machine(s) utilizing hand tools, chain falls, jack, and/or hoist.
- Cleans machine(s) and machine parts, using cleaning solvent, cloth, air gun, hose, vacuum, or other equipment.
- Collects and discards worn machine parts and other waste to maintain a clean and organized work area, as well as adhering to health and safety standards.
- Performs inventory and requisitions machine parts, equipment, and other supplies to replenish and maintain adequate stock on hand.
- Records and maintains production, repair, and machine maintenance information
- Measures, mixes, prepares and tests chemical solution(s) used to clean or repair machinery and equipment, according to product specifications.
- Reviews work orders and specifications to determine machines and equipment that require repair or maintenance.
- Inspects or tests damaged machine parts, marks defective area(s) or advises supervisor of need for repair.
- Performs electrical installation, maintenance and repair work on high and low voltage;and electrical wiring systems.
- Locates and repairs defects in electrical systems that involve the performance of difficult electrical task(s).
- Estimates supplies and materials needed and place order requests.
- Inspects facilities and installations, recommending alterations or revisions where necessary.
- Tests wiring connections with test equipment (i.E., volt/ohmmeters).
- Installs and maintains the electronic controls for all machine(s).
- Advises management on whether continued operation of equipment may be hazardous, and when necessary, install new electrical equipment.
- Performs necessary repairs when breakdowns occur as quickly as possible in order to minimize downtime.
- Replaces items such as circuit breakers, fuses, switches, electrical and electronic components, or wires when necessary.
- Maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization s management and end users.
- All other duties and accountabilities, not listed above, as assigned.
Other Essential Functions:
- Adhering to our Attendance Policy, ensuring that an acceptable record of attendance and punctuality is maintained. Follow established notification process when reporting an absence.
- Understanding and adhering to our environmental, health and safety requirements. This includes wearing PPE (personal protective equipment) when entering or working in designated areas where PPE is required. When known, report work-related illnesses or injuries immediately to Supervisor, even if minor.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Minimum Education (or substitute experience): High school diploma, GED certification or equivalent.
- Minimum Work Experience: Three (3) years of related work experience in one or more building trades PLUS any combination of additional education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties and responsibilities required for this role;AND Three (3) years of experience as a skilled electrician or other combination of work experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
- Skills Required:
- Possess knowledge and understanding of industrial automation.
- Effectively use a variety of hand and power tools;
- Certified to operate a forklift;
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics;
- Ability to review and identify projects needed to be serviced by outside contractor.
- Ability to locate and repair defects in electrical systems.
- Ability to follow established electrical and maintenance best practices, including the use of appropriate tools and materials used in the electrical trade.
- Awareness of potential hazards and precautionary measures used specific to the electrical trade.
- Ability to follow oral and/or written instructions.
- Ability to maintain detailed work logs.
- Effective interpersonal and written/oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Possess a keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, trouble shooting and problem-solving abilities. Able to communicate issues in a timely manner and find/resolve root causes.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment while maintaining poise under pressure.
- Ability to maintain cooperative and effective work relationships during the course of performing and executing work assignments and projects with others.
- Preferred Education, Experience and/or Skills:
- Related work experience and training in a manufacturing work environment.
- Other (Licenses, Certificates, Degrees or Credentials):
- Electrical Maintenance Certificate
Physical Job Description
- Typical Working Conditions. Describe environment including exposure to heat, cold, fumes, chemicals, allergens, mold, etc.:
- Regular exposure to unfavorable environments such as weather, or dirty, noisy, wet or cramped locations. May involve exposure to unusual environmental stress that require a range of safety and other precautions where conditions cannot be controlled.
- Equipment Used. List all manual and automated equipment used in the course of performing essential functions:
- Hand and power tools. Forklift.
- For electrical work, hand and power tools, in addition to testing equipment such as oscilloscopes, ammeters, test lamp and meters to test voltage, ohms, and amps.
- Essential Physical Tasks. List all physical tasks encountered in performing essential functions:
- Able to lift between 5 to 10 lbs. On a frequent basis and up to 40 lbs. Occasionally.
- May stand for long periods of time. Frequent work on ladders and scaffolding.
- Depending on the growth of the organization, the position may lead to a position of increased responsibility, including lead or supervisory positions.