Manager-Global Process, Safety, Sustainability
Pittsburgh, PA 15219-1800 US
Manager of Global Process Safety and Process Sustainability - Zero Harm
- The employee in this role has the primary responsibility to help achieve a significant and sustained improvement in building, enhancing and maintaining a culture of Zero Harm and Zero Waste globally throughout company.
- Develop and maintain corporate policies that identify the key areas of compliance requirements in the fields of Process Safety. These policies and procedures are identified and managed through the Responsible Care Management System.
- Work actively to solve problems when they arise in the manufacturing areas or with the business groups related to Process Safety responsibilities.
- Report on key performance indicators and activities related to Process Safety matters on a quarterly basis to: employees, the business group leaders, VP of Zero Harm, and other officers of the company as necessary.
- Develop and train in-house engineering and operations staff so that PSM practices become fully integrated as a core competency in their area of responsibility.
- Remain current with advances and improvements in process safety management develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge of best practices.
- Lead best practice sharing and world class benchmarking by various means including: leading global conferences and communications.
- Develop and maintain internal and external PSM network. Participate in external networking forums and share best practices.
- Establish a set of lean tools that can be deployed throughout the corporation.
- Establish, develop and use internal resources in a consultative fashion to find areas of improvement. Initiate and drive projects with the business group to deploy lean tools and other tools and methods to eliminate waste and improve quality and productivity.
- Build on the elements and use of the Responsible Care program so it becomes a useful tool on our journey to Zero Harm.
- Conduct regular training to ensure the skill sets of key Zero Harm employees and other site employees are adequate to maintain compliance and continually improve toward our goal of Zero Harm.
- Develop and maintain programs that ensure a culture of continuous improvement towards a goal of Zero Harm.
- Conduct regular audits of work areas and organizations. Compliance elements, company policy elements and cultural/organizational elements shall be audited.
- Manage the communication of regulatory updates of safety, environmental and health elements. Manage the training programs of such updates.
- Manage related corporate / global programs.
- Travel up to 30% required;if candidate is not located in Pittsburgh, PA, travel requirement may increase
- A Bachelor's in Chemical Engineering
- 10 years of experience in leadership roles in complex process manufacturing environments that conform to Process Safety Management regulation, such as chemicals, coatings, power generation, refining.
- The ability to influence and get work done without "direct reporting authority.
- The social, organizational and leadership skills to work across all organization boundaries and interfaces to impact all employees regardless of reporting structure.
- The communication skills to present ideas and progress to all levels, from the Board of Directors to the manufacturing floor employees.
- Inspirational leadership must be able to inspire employees to believe in a culture of Zero Harm and Zero Waste and then behave accordingly.
- Understanding the power of building with positive organizational discipline.
- Ability to see our workplace as a series of processes.
- Relocation Policy does apply for this position.