Manual Lathe Machinist
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320 US
With no supervision, must set-up, run, and inspect parts to drawing specifications using manual lathes. Candidate is required to perform first article inspections and correct any discrepancies between part measurements and print requirements. Toolmaker must perform advanced set-up and fixturing of jobs. Candidate must have the ability to troubleshoot and rectify any problems. Should be adept in all aspects of machining and assist other machinists as needed.
- Apply knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics, machinability of materials and layout techniques.
- Able to set-up and operate Manual Lathe with 5-10 years’experience.
- Utilizes tools and measuring instruments including, but not limited to, mill, lathe, saw, shear, grinder, calipers, micrometer, calculator, and various other hand tools.
- Read blue prints, machine and inspect completed parts and related documentation.
- Retrieve appropriate tools from tool crib to complete job.
- Refer to reference books or confer with engineers to resolve questions/issues.
- Maintains equipment as necessary.
- Reading, writing and math ability.
- 5 -10 years of experience.
- Able to read, speak and understand the English language.