Exton, PA 19380 US
- Lead the commissioning and handover processes between R&D and manufacturing
- Facilitate feasibility studies and evaluations for the manufacture of new or different products on existing equipment
- Develop and establish standard running conditions to improve Safety, Quality and Costs
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve current and potential operational issues utilizing structured problem-solving techniques and Six Sigma methodology
- Develop and establish new equipment / process, operation, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting procedures
- Develop and propose operational solutions and manage capital projects for new processes
- Lead and implement continuous improvement activities to improve operational results
- Collect, analyse, and summarize operating and engineering data and trends
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities;reading professional publications;maintaining personal networks;participating in professional organizations and obtaining/keeping professional certifications.
- Ensure the health and safety of personnel and care of the property, equipment, and product under their control.
- Maintain machine standards, line drawings & equipment documentation
- Train and mentor Engineering I, Maintenance personnel and other associates as required.
- Partner with other Engineers and other departments personnel to continually complete objectives
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience as an Engineer working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working with automated processing equipment including PLCs, Servos, VFD, etc.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical specifications, plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Knowledge of machines including their designs, uses, maintenance and control systems
- Knowledge in Six Sigma & Continuous Improvement methodologies.
- Knowledge in structured problem-solving tools.
- Experience managing capital projects utilizing standard project management methods.
- Experience with CAD (SolidWorks / AutoCAD software packages)
- Previous Food or Beverage industry experience, familiar with QMP, GMPs & HACCP (Preferred)
- Knowledge Statistics Analytical tools (Preferred)
- Six Sigma Certification (Preferred)