Irvine, CA 92614 US
- The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for executing and implementing engineering-defined processes in the manufacturing of electronic products.
- Qualified candidates must possess knowledge of Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) software and quality control standards as they relate to electronic and electromechanical components. The position involves interaction with different teams within the organization: Production, Testing, Quality, and Purchasing.
- The successful candidate will be the engineering liaison assisting all departments in completing their manufacturing tasks, ensuring the production of high-quality products in the most efficient manner possible. This job is well suited to people with an eye for detail, an aptitude for math, and possess technical skills related to electronics manufacturing.
- Direct, audit, and design production processes, tools, and methods to aid in the production of high-quality products.
- Train production personnel on the proper use and execution of tools, processes, and procedures.
- Improve assembly instruction documentation and verify that these instructions are properly executed by the production teams.
- Interact with contract manufacturers and other vendors regarding technical issues.
- Identify and analyze potential cost and quality improvement opportunities in production.
- Support Receiving and associated inspection in the proper identification of received electronic components (e.G., resistors, capacitors, inductors, transformers, semiconductors, mechanical hardware).
- BSEE - A MUST
- Minimum of 5-8 years of inspection and/or production experience
- Experience with AutoCAD/Solidworks or similar programs
- Experience with geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Experience with ERP or MRP software Formal Six Sigma certification (APC, FMEA, and process mapping) a plus
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand technical and non-technical documents;including, but not limited to, contracts, product drawings, and product specifications
- Excellent organizational skills Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated knowledge in the use and application of test and measurement equipment
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Products with the ability to effectively manage files and records
- Ability to use Precision Hand measuring devices such as calipers, height gages, thread gauges, protractors, micrometers, and similar inspection equipment