San Antonio, TX 78219 US
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with design engineers in implementing new product designs into production.
- Leads pilot builds, PFMEA, and all manufacturing assembly related tasks including establishing build procedures and run rates for new product introduction.
- Plans and designs manufacturing processes in a low volume /custom assembly environment.
- Designs and specifies fixtures, tools and testers needed to achieve manufacturing goals.
- Maximizes efficiency by analyzing layout of equipment, workflow, and assembly methods.
- Generates Engineering Change Requests, procedures, and assembly instructions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of Six Sigma and Lean tools (PDCA, DMAIC, DMADV, A3, 8D, Fishbone Diagram, SIPOC, Kaizen, 5 Whys)
- Knowledge on Lean Manufacturing Concepts including the 8 wastes,
- Understanding of work measurement techniques such as MOST, time study and motion, Standard Time Data, Work Sampling, etc.
- Lean and Six Sigma Training
- Analyze and optimize workflow of resources associated with production processes.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite to include Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability in analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels of staff from hourly workers to company executives.
- Experience using SolidWorks, Infor, Salesforce software packages.
- Experience working in an industrial or manufacturing environment.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Industrial, Mechanical, Electromechanical/Mechatronics engineering from an accredited college.
- Two (2+) plus years of manufacturing engineering experience in assembly operations.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Five years or more experience working for a manufacturer in a lean centric role
- Experience with New Product Introduction
- Lean/Six Sigma manufacturing certification