San Diego, CA 92131 US
This position reports to the Technical Support Supervisor and plays a key role in the assistance of the Technical Support and Production Departments. This position will also interface with customers to provide assistance and technical troubleshooting of SO2, TRS, H2S, NOX, NO, NO2, NH3, O2, O3, CO, CO2, N2O gas instrumentation, and PM10, PM2.5 particulate instrumentation. This position will begin within the Customer Service/Repair Lab as part of the training progression towards potentially an Engineering Technician role within the Technical Support Center.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Will provide customer assistance by repairing, advising on the repair and use, and factory repair of API analyzers and associated equipment used in their operation.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature but recognizes the need for occasionally deviation from accepted practice.
- Electronic troubleshooting and resolving problems in both software-controlled Analog and Digital surface mount circuit boards.
- Responsible for solving start-up and calibration problems and repairing instruments for the assigned products.
- Associates degree in a mechanical related field or equivalent work experience with air pollution instrumentation and/or other mechanical / electro-mechanical machinery.
- 3-5 years of experience and/or education in a service-related environment, particularly oriented toward electronic, pneumatic and electromechanical instrumentation.
- Must have experience using the following test equipment: VOM, oscilloscopes, recorders, hand tools, test jibs and custom test equipment as required.
- Must be able to exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Must be able to communicate and articulate professionally and clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Must possess problem solving skills, strong digital and analog skills, and the ability to troubleshoot in a logical manner with high attention to detail.
- Requires general computer skills and knowledge of Word, Excel and Power Point programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required for customer and team interaction -Environmental Industry product knowledge, a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft AX and Salesforce a plus.
- This position will require travel within and outside of the United States 10% of the time.
- This position will involve repetitive work utilizing hand tools, a computer, keyboard, and mouse 75% of the time.
- The position will require frequent sitting, reaching, twisting, turning, standing, stooping, bending, pushing, pulling, walking, turning, and twisting.