Material and Hazardous Waste Handler
Oceanside, CA 92058 US
- $20 to $27 Hourly
- 401k, Dental, Life Insurance, Medical, Vision,
Position Title: Material Handler (Emphasis on waste management)
Reporting to: Production Manager
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and qualified material/hazardous waste handler. This position is responsible for facilitating and removal of solvent waste into drums as well as moving solvent tanks and drums with a forklift. The incumbent in this position is detail oriented, has good communication skills and possesses the ability to follow directions exactly as given. They are capable of working with limited supervision. We are the leading manufacturer and provider of solid support for oligonucleotide synthesis.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- This role is primarily involved with waste material movement, solvent tank movement and organization.
- Move and package inventory which requires lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Maintain quality of work through keen attention to details.
- Support warehouse receiving/shipping with handling of documents and accurate product counts.
- Communicate daily in person and e-mail with KLS Inventory, Quality and Production personnel.
- Operate forklift.
- Conduct inventory cycle counts.
- May be tasked with Batch records review and raw material test forms review.
- Scanning of documents for archival and filing hard copies of training forms in binders.
- Work with production team to coordinate the details and times of the hazardous waste removal and solvent tank movement.
- Ensures that health and safety guidelines are strictly followed.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent
- Experience working in a warehouse, inventory management and logistics tasks.
- Experience working with and handling solvents and chemicals.
- Understand product description, SKU and PO numbers.
- Ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
- Able to attend to details and act decisively.
- Familiarity with production equipment including reactors, stirrer, vacuum pumps, and vacuum ovens.
- Basic computer skills such as Excel, Word, and Outlook. JDE skills preferred.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 pounds. Work with and around forklifts. The employee is regularly required to use their hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone keypad or to write, as well as talk and hear.
Disclaimer: This job description reflects management's assignment of essential job duties;and nothing in this herein restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.