Santa Clara, CA 95050 US
This is a contract position for 3-4 months, onsite in San Jose, CA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other Duties not listed may be assigned.
Daily Responsibilities % of Job 90%
- Perform general physical activities in warehouse: loading, unloading, sorting and moving products and materials manually and using material handling equipment.
- Read work orders and receive verbal instructions for work assignments.
- Understand and follow SOP instructions to perform the functions of the job.
- Create system tickets for inventory adjustment and order processing.
- Follow detailed pick and pack instructions to assemble kits.
- Ships and receives items, pulls orders and verifies type and quantity of ordered items.
- Prepares documentation and performs data entry.
- Maintain shipping and receiving documentation.
- Prepares labels/cartons/boxes/pallets for product and shipment.
- Maintain housekeeping standards at all times for a clean, conducive work environment.
- Meet and/or exceed daily KPI metrics
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Warehouse Efficiencies % of Job 5%
- Builds and maintains a work environment that is positive and is supported by open feedback and two-way communications at all levels.
- Keeps warehouse organized and clean at all times.
Team Building/Leadership % of Job 5%
- Responsible for maintaining a positive work environment while supporting the company's culture.
- Responsible for fostering a healthy and safe work environment, focusing on the well-being of all associates.
Education and/or Experience
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read, do basic mathematics, understand and respond to written and verbal instructions in English for the purposes of safety, work instructions, policies, etc.
- Requires basic computer skills. May access outside carrier programming.
- Process basic knowledge of computer system, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SAP, QAD, SAP & Freight carrier system.
- Requires demonstrated ability to read and follow written instructions and ideas.
- Exhibits effective communication skills essential to providing instructions and suggestions regarding all inventory related tasks.
- Must pay close attention to detail in order to identify inventory discrepancies.
- Is capable of thinking creatively/spatially in order to efficiently and effectively organize inventory.
- Hands-on and has ambition and drive to succeed - "Makes things happen.
- Goal oriented and must be accustomed to achieving results through teamwork.
- Is capable of maintaining the stamina needed for long hours of standing, stooping, bending, in warehouse environment.
- Requires good attendance and ability to work OT as scheduled.
Must be able to tolerate moderate to high noise levels in a warehouse environment. Office and outside environmental conditions found in the warehouse, hot in the summer, cold in the winter. Individuals may need to walk for an extensive period of time while working and walking the facilities;to reach over shoulder heights;bend or stoop below the waist;repetitive wrist, hand, or finger movement. Must be able to lift 25 pounds.