Petaluma, CA 94954 US
PEAK is looking for a Materials Manager for a client based in Petaluma, CA, this is an onsite position with the base salary from $100-125k/annum.
The Materials Manager is responsible for the efficient and effective materials control and distribution processes operating at the highest levels of inventory accuracy and quality control. This role works across Finance, Purchasing, Receiving, Production and Engineering to ensure that best practice principles are upheld. This role oversees critical material control processes to include receiving, inventory control, inventory issuance, and delivery while also being responsible for accurate system transfer accuracy while communicating and policing variances and discrepancies between departments. Supports the Bill of Material accuracy audit process by researching gaps in inventory versus use and scrap and assists in the design and implementation of material staging and delivery processes throughout the craftory.
- Routinely lead and direct others in the execution of material supply activities, receiving and material control/cycle counts in key factory process areas.
- Lead the Receiving and Warehousing processes to ensure 100% accurate and timely receiving of components and transactions from stock to production or sources external to the factory.
- Audit MRP/D365 processes to ensure the proper quantities of components needed are issued and consumed at the point of use.
- Working with the Production / Engineering teams, performs analysis of material variances across the facility using Microsoft D365, Excel, and other tools.
- Communicate and execute inventory system adjustments weekly with Finance Dept.
- Work with Quality on Reporting/Documenting daily material substitutions stemming from deviations. Responsible for Bill of Material Development.
- Assist in the monthly auditing of Bills of Materials (BOMs) for all SKU variations within the facility.
- Audit and maintain all physical/systemic raw material inventory locations and ensure all transactions are timely and accurate and aligned to MES reporting.
- With the Finance Department, execute cycle count processes and record findings. Working with others, create a top 5 deviation analysis and action plans to resolve issues and track progress.
- With Purchasing, align all lead times and safety levels to the required inventory plans to maintain the needs of the facility and ensure this is reflected in the ERP/MRP system. (Plan for Every Part - PFEP.)
- Ability to measure and drive accountability and improvements through metrics.
- Proven team leading and team building skills to flex a team across all factory materials operations.
- Knowledge of cycle counting / inventory / transaction accuracy improvement.
- Ability to manage complexity and prioritization.
- Ability to improvise and dynamically lead the team through issues that challenge the successful operation of the team.
- Demonstrated team leadership, team collaboration, project management and problem solving.
- Knowledge of inventory controls: point of use supplies, single piece flow, supermarkets, reorder points, etc.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business or a technical discipline required, OR
- Fifteen + years' of progressive experience managing a broad range of materials, supplies, and services in a manufacturing environment
- 5+ years of inventory control experience in a highly technical manufacturing environment making consumer goods where performance and aesthetics are critical
- Solid Microsoft Excel capability and the ability to perform statistical calculations
- Demonstrated team leadership and cross team collaboration
- Experience in project management
- At least 10 years of material handling equipment operation experience
- Enjoys analysis/statistics, a Problem Solver
- Ability to handle pressure well and calmly lead others through complex issues across physical and systemic platforms
- Ability to clearly communicate requirements
- Ability to equitably issue assignments
- Must have player/coach capability while maintaining a high degree of ownership in the team
- Must be a willing student to then transfer new knowledge learned
- Should be detail oriented and highly organized
- Have a Servant-Leader mentality
- Manufacturing locations
- Office locations
- Sales office locations
- Supplier manufacturing locations
- Periodic travel to and between the company's manufacturing and sales locations will be required (5-10%).
- Mobility to work in typical office and field (warehouse/production) settings and to use standard office equipment.