Romulus, MI 48174 US
Location: Romulus, MI
Business Unit: Molded Foam
Reporting To: Sr. Materials Capacity & Logistics Manager
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Work Schedule: Onsite (Mon –Fri)
Hybrid Options: No
Materials Manager needed for a privately-owned company offering innovative material technologies for applications in automotive, commercial, recreational, packaging, healthcare and building products.
In addition to manufacturing operations, the company also offers a full array of services including: chemical research and development, product and process engineering, tooling, technical support and accredited laboratory testing.
- This position manages production scheduling, inventory control, shipping/receiving, warehouses, and purchasing to maintain customer service and minimize product and shipping costs.
- Schedule production line based on customer requirements
- Ship product to customers
- Responsible for housekeeping and working within the company HS&E guidelines
- Evaluate plant capacity and correct shortfalls
- Maintain inventory reports/records
- Manage plant inventories to target levels
- Maintain management reports, inventory, TQM objectives
- Responsible for continual improvement within department including BIC indicators
- This position is responsible for safety elements (subject to change): Regulatory Compliance and Workplace
- Traffic Management
- Problem solving and trouble shooting
- Procedure writing and implementation
- Understand BIC Key performance indicators and develop and implement corrective actions to meet or exceed company targets.
- Drive lean principles to reduce waste and implement 5S and Kaizen in department
- Ensure good communications across shifts, departments
- Participate in problem solving, VSM, Kaizen projects
- Implement SOT's, standard work
- Audit for standard work, quality, understanding HSE
- Train, disqualify, qualify, and audit performance on teammates
- Other duties may be assigned this position may be required to work daily and/or weekend overtime.
- This position has one direct supervisor reporting to it and 10 non-supervisory personnel reporting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University or two to five years related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience