Mech Assembler I
Tewksbury, MA 01876 US
Type: Contract, Contract to Direct (Min 6 Months on Contract Assignment)
Location: Tewksbury, Massachusetts 01876
Citizenship Requirements: US Citizen
# of positions: 6 (3 for 1st shift and 3 for 2nd shift)
- 3 for 1st shift
- 3 for 2nd shift
- Monday - Friday. 9/80 Schedule
- Week 1 - 44 hours, Week 2 - 36 hours, 80+ hours in 2 week period billed as OT
- 7am to 4: 30pm with ½an hour lunch (noontime) and morning coffee break around 9: 30am and every other Friday from 7am to 3: 30pm (same lunch and coffee break.)
- 3pm to 11: 30 pm with 1/2 hour lunch (time TBD)
New Hires ALL start at 7: 30am on day one.
Work environment, Projects, & Team Overview
Overview of Workspace:
- Detection system used in airports that detects narcotics and explosives
- Group, 20 people they'll interact with daily.
- A new production line for the team;run the repair depo. Experienced staff who will be helping this production line run smoothly.
- Looking for candidates that want to grow. We want to convert the new contractors/temps to a FT/Direct position. So candidates who are excelling and wanting to learn are needed.
- Normal work day in assembly, being trained and crossed trained and taking direction well.
- Performs a wide range of electro-mechanical assembly operations on assemblies or sub-assemblies.
- Determines and/or follows methods and sequence of operations in performing wiring, component installation, circuit board installation, hand soldering and cable harnessing on assembly units.
- Makes setups and adjustments holding tolerances to blueprint specifications.
- Reads and interprets schematics, drawings and parts lists in conjunction with assembly instructions to create sub-assemblies and top-assemblies. (It should be understood that this is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee's job content.
- Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee).
- Uses assembly tools to perform assigned tasks.
- May assemble cable assembly and circuit boards, performs all types of mechanical assemblies including racks and shelters with the proficient use of power tools.
- Receives detailed instructions on all work.
- Applies job skills and company policies to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Works on assignments that are routine in nature where limited judgment is required.
- Contributions are usually limited to assignment related activities.
- Interacts daily with supervisor, peer groups, and customers. May serve in a lead role and train others.
- Work is closely managed. Follows specific, outlined, and detailed procedures.
- Requires little experience. Ability to use common sense to carry out basic instructions and activities.
- High school education or equivalent and less than 1 year of related experience.