Cleveland, OH 44135 US
Company Job Title: Mechanic
Location: Cleveland, OH
Department: Swiger Coil Systems
At the Cleveland, Ohio site our focus is manufacturing or remanufacturing of high-quality armature, stator, OEM coils, and field service coils for the transit industry while maintaining high quality. The mechanic is responsible for the repair of electric motors along with disassembling apparatus, and removal of armatures, stators, or rotor from housing to prepare motor for final shipment. This role reports to the department supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Disassemble and assemble components by utilizing hand and power tools.
2. Perform disassembly, clean, requalification, rework and assembly operations on Traction Motor Combo component utilizing manual equipment and automated equipment in accordance with manufacturing and quality procedures.
3. Inspect work completed on components to internal inspection criteria for compliance to quality or engineering requirements.
4. Installs bolts, retaining clips, screws, or otherwise fastens parts together in proper order and configuration.
5. Inspects components and completes assemblies for conformity. Follows all component handling procedures.
o High School graduate, or equivalent course work in skilled crafts or trades training.
o One year minimum industry experience in manufacturing or transportation and/or training.
o Possess basic ship math skills, and ability to read and interpret blueprints.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
o Ability to work unsupervised.
o Familiarity with brazing or soldering.
o Must be able to use mechanical & pneumatic tools, electrical test equipment, and measuring instruments.
o Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and hands on.
o Employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
o Employee is regularly required to stand for 8 hours at a time, with minimal breaks.
o Employee is regularly required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds.
o Employee is regularly required to see and observe small handwriting, labels, and components.
o Employee is regularly required to operate heavy machinery, including but not limited to forklifts and cranes.
o Employee is regularly required to wear a steel toe shoes and safety glasses at all times.
o The Position requires the employee to be on-site during scheduled shift to perform daily duties and responsibilities.