Mechanical/Product Engineer - Hydraulics
Elkhart, IN 46516 US
Department: Product Engineering
Reports To: Product Engineering, Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Product Engineer - Hydraulics provides engineering support for all aspects of associated with the design, manufacturing, assembly, and validation to ensure functionality, quality, cost, and timing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with the development of the product design and functionality
- Lead the Engineering Change Management process at the plant facilities and suppliers
- Implements the product design within the schedule and budget parameters
- Collaborates with plant operations management to address both manufacturing, customer, and supplier issues by actively co-leading the problem solving methodologies
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering and hydraulic principles.
- Interfaces with plant operations to identify opportunities related to product designs and manufacturing processes that strive to improve customer satisfaction and overall productivity (including VA-VE cost reductions)
- Analyzes the risks of a new design or process and communicates results to Engineering Management
- Provides support to plant operations and/or suppliers to ensure product is fabricated and assembled based on the intended functionality of the design, execution of process instructions, and/or provides expertise for mechanical, electrical, and electromechanical processes and technologies.
- Conducts basic problem solving with appropriate processes/tools
- Participates in defining, planning, and testing of products including Design & Process FMEA's, production validation, and PPAP (internal & external)
- Performs other tasks or duties, as required
Supervisory Responsibilities (potential for future growth)
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Requires Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a comparable discipline and at least 3 years related experience;or an equivalent in combination of education and experience.
- Experience in hydraulic system integration.
- Understanding of pumps, motors, valves, manifolds, actuators, sensors, reservoirs, cylinders, accumulators, fluid filters, line sizing and selection of fittings.
- Perform flow and pressure calculations to size systems and components.
- Ability to generate and read hydraulic circuits.
- Experience in 3D CAD such as Inventor and GD&T