Hatboro, PA 19040 US
- Responsible for the engineering design release and handoff from Engineering to Production ensuring that manufacturing has accurate and detailed engineering data, specifications, BOM's, CAD drawings, 3D models to produce the part at optimal cost and quality.
- Review product designs for manufacturability, and survey, analyze and propose improvements to processes in plant manufacturing, design, machining, assembly and testing and supply chain.
- Support outsourcing manufacturing ensuring that vendor package is accurate and complete with all necessary detailed engineering data, specifications, BOM's, CAD drawings, 3D models to produce the part.
- Provide technical support to the Assembly and Test (A&T) function and where needed drive improvement by identifying process improvements, methods and tools, and training needs for the A&T technicians.
- Work with manufacturing developing work instructions, test procedures, test equipment, automated tooling and fixtures.
- Participate in daily GEMBA walks and support manufacturing on issues and shortage resolution and be the conduit into Engineering as needed.
- Is the primary engineering contact for all Client's and Deviation request from production and Supply Chain, providing prompt problem solving for manufacturing issues, including problem definition, root cause, containment, and corrective and preventive actions and recommendations.
- Utilize ERP to control bills of materials, manage engineering change orders, and interface to our supply chain processes.
- Support Spare Part Orders ensuring technical compliance and execution as needed.
- Ensure compliance with the Quality Management System based on ISO-9001
- Requires BS in engineering plus related experience.
- Demonstrated leadership in a production, process or manufacturing engineering capacity.
- Demonstrated knowledge of 5S, Lean, Six Sigma, or continuous improvement initiatives.
- Familiar with statistical process control principles, gage R&R measurement, and SPC tools.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems in a manufacturing engineering capacity.
- Results oriented.
- Self-motivated with a high level of enthusiasm and energy, coupled with a strong work ethic.
- High level of integrity, innovation and creativity.
- Strong communication and stellar teamwork skills with the proven ability to express ideas and opinions and gain consensus.
- Practical with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to display and exercise sound judgment.
- Demonstrated record of diligence and attention to detail working with very high standards both personally and technically.
- Recognizes the value of process and balances with execution