Project Manager - Power
Chattanooga, TN 37402 US
Company is seeking an experienced Project Manager to contribute to the company's growing power practice based in our Chattanooga, TN office. The business is currently comprised of heavy retrofit projects in fossil fuel and hydroelectric power plants and greenfield projects involving CHP and renewable resources.
This position is multidimensional in nature and requires elements of project management, team building, and client relationship building.
- The successful candidate:
- Must demonstrate proficiency in project management for A-E firms, including managing budgeted and scheduled design effort, and demonstrate skills in developing multi-discipline teams.
- Must be willing to work in a design team environment, including directing the work of junior engineers and designers, and delegating work as required.
- Meets with clients to prepare and or validate proposed scope of work. This work includes client development, proposal assistance, project planning, estimating, scheduling, and establishing project controls.
- Ensures internal communication and coordination of design efforts occurs.
- Stays within established schedule and budget.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality
- Responsibilities include:
- Overseeing project planning, technical leadership, quality control, and client satisfaction
- Strong leadership skills are necessary to perpetuate and grow Merrick's existing client base and manage the multi-disciplinary engineering teams. Project managers with an existing base in the Chattanooga area are preferred.
- Traveling to client sites about one week a month
- Contributing to corporate and business unit strategic planning efforts
- Inputting to annual business plans capturing detailed operational and sales objectives
- Informing engineering discipline leads of resource requirements
- Potentially serving as an account manager for key clients
- Ten (10) or more years of experience of project execution in the power sector
- Strong understanding of the power sector, including projects and utilities
- Local/regional power experience and strong business relationships desired
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering Required
- Professional Engineering License Strongly Desired
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is a plus
- Knowledge of industry best practices including front end planning and VIP
- Strong interpersonal skills to interface successfully with clients, partners, project teams, and Merrick management
- Client projects for this position require US Citizenship.
- Frequent travel to client sites is anticipated with travel ranging from 10% to 30% depending on project needs.
- This position will require visits to client industrial sites. Employee must be able to access ladders and platforms and wear any required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.