Project Manager III -Automotive - Not IT
Reynoldsburg, OH 43068 US
Our Client is a leader in optimizing, integrating, automating, and managing the logistical flow of material goods in the automotive automation/material handling systems. We focus on Design, Manufacturing, Installation and Support.
The company is currently seeking an experienced Project Manager III who will be based out of our Novi Michigan or Reynoldsburg, OH Office.
Education and Experience:
- 4-8 years experience in Project Management, including previous work experience as a Project Manager within a conveyor, automotive, and/or warehouse capacity
- Engineering or Construction Management 4-year accredited degree (or equivalent work experience) is required
- Automotive, industrial or construction experience is required
- Vision: VSP
- Dental: Delta Dental
- FSA/ HSA
- Company provided life and disability plans
- 401K: Fidelity
- 7 Paid sick days (prorated according to start date)
- 10 paid vacation days (prorated according to start date)
- 10 paid holidays.
- Yearly performance bonuses.
- Safety bonuses.
- $75 reimbursement for prescription safety glasses.
This Project Management role is for self-sufficient / self-starters only. Managing, planning, coordinating, organizing, and communicating the management of material handling systems. Applying knowledge of Project Management to manage projects which include engineering, fabrication, operation, application, installation, and/or repair of material handling system components from start to finish.
You will functionally manage the projects you are assigned to. You will be:
- The primary person responsible for making sure the project goals are met (milestones, profit, planning requirements, reporting requirements)
- The company face to the customer - good communication and relationship building skills are required
- Responsible for creating and maintaining project planning of schedules and finances.
- Responsible to make sure the internal project team consisting of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, and Manufacturing are operating to the project plan and scope.
- Responsible to drive the site team as necessary to ensure goals and milestones are met
- Responsible to ensure the external project team consisting of multiple subcontractors are operating to the project plan and scope.
- Responsible to solve project issues as the arise while following project chain of command and escalation of issues as needed to maintain project goals.
- Travel to project jobsite as needed to manage subcontractors and ensure projects are on track to meet contractual milestones
- Bring projects in on schedule and under budget
- Price, track, process and manage all project changes
- Establish project file and review all material
- Establish project team and meet frequently with members. Project Manager is responsible for all meetings and meeting documentation
- Meet with customer and salesman to review project
- Establish procedure to ensure easy and complete communication to the customer, project team and all others involved (written and oral)
- Be sure that mechanical and electrical engineering have reviewed estimate and understand all elements involved
- Establish a detailed schedule, establish priorities, and identify long lead times
- Create and maintain a cashflow schedule
- Monitor engineering and shop to ensure downstream activities are supported
- Make sure all drawing submittals between Daifuku America and the customer runs smoothly and that all transmittals are recorded
- Review/create/understand/manage all requests for quotation and advise Sales of its disposition
- Review/create/understand/manage all changes before work proceeds
- Review/issue/understand/manage major subcontractors
- Work with accounting to create financial job forecasts and issue changes to subcontractors
- Create reports to keep management aware of job status
- Review all punch lists
- Initiate job close-out
- Automotive, industrial or construction experience required
- Conveyor and material handling experience desirable
- Strong eye for details and problem solving
- Must be self-managed & motivated
- Need to be comfortable with creative problem solving and finding solutions that might not be obvious
- Advanced organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficient in Microsoft Project
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Understanding of Wiring Diagrams and or Mechanical layouts / General Arrangements drawings is a plus
- OSHA 30 training is a plus
- Knowledge of Automotive Manufacturing is a plus
- Steel Toe Shoes/Boots
- Basic tools
- Gloves, jackets and sleeves supplied (can use personal equipment)