Novi, MI 48377 US
Project Manager Experience in one of the following: Industrial/Conveyors/Automotive/Construction
Our Client is a leader in optimizing, integrating, automating, and managing the logistical flow of material goods in the automotive automation/material handling systems. Our Client focuses on Design, Manufacturing, Installation and Support. The Company has been a trusted partner to some of the world's largest and fastest-growing companies, showing them how to use their space more efficiently to deliver improved productivity, located in NOVI, MI.
The company is currently seeking a Project Manager I who will be based out of our Novi, Michigan Office.
Our Client promotes and supports both individual and team success by providing opportunities to expand your skills and build on your capabilities. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a culturally rich workforce and proud of our diversity in background, experience and origin. Safety is part of our core values, we stress the importance to our employees by enforcing 5S and daily safety audits.
This is an introductory level position into Project Management at Daifuku America. In this role, you will be Managing, planning, coordinating, organizing, and communicating the management of material handling systems. You will be able to apply your knowledge of Construction Management, Engineering principles and project management skills to support management of projects which include engineering, fabrication, operation, application, installation, and/or repair of material handling systems.The material handling systems in clude power & free conveyors (P&F), skid converyors, electrivied monorail systems(EMS), friction drive systems (FDS), skillet conveyors, slat chain conveyors, vertical drop lifts (VDLs), automatic storage/retrieval systems (SRS, Fork/robot transfers, and automatic guided carts (AGCs).
You will functionally support & manage the projects you are assigned to. You will be:
- Responsible to assist / support / understand the Company's project structure, procedure & strategy
- Managing the project in supporting role to ensure project goals are met (milestones, profit, planning requirements, reporting requirements). Potentially in Team with more experiences PM's in order to help gain knowledge.
- The company face to the customer - good communication and relationship building skills are required
- Responsible for maintaining project schedules
- Responsible to solve project issues as the arise while following project chain of command and escalation of issues as needed to maintain project goals.
- Travel to project jobsite as needed to assist in managing subcontractors and ensure projects are on track to meet contractual milestones
- Responsible to gain Company's product and technical knowledge
- Bring projects in on schedule and under budget
- Price, track, process and manage all project Changes
- Establish project team and meet frequently with members. Project Manager I is responsible for all meetings and meeting documentation
- Meet with customer and salesman to review project
- Establish procedure to ensure easy and complete communication to the customer, project team and all others involved (written and oral)
- Be sure that mechanical and electrical engineering have reviewed estimate and understand all elements involved
- Establish a detailed schedule, establish priorities, and identify long lead times
- Establish and maintain a cash flow schedule of values
- Monitor engineering and make sure that downstream activities are supported
- Make sure all drawing submittals between Daifuku America and the customer runs smoothly and that all transmittals are recorded
- Review/create/understand/manage all requests for quotation and advise Sales of its disposition
- Review/create/understand/manage all changes before work proceeds
- Review/issue/understand/manage major subcontractors
- Work with accounting to create financial job forecasts and issue changes to subcontractors
- Create reports to keep management aware of job status
- Review/understand/communicate/coordinate all punch list activity
- Initiate job close-out
- Automotive, industrial or construction job experience is a plus. Specifically, in Conveyor Industry
- Strong eye for details and problem solving
- Must be self-managed
- Need to be comfortable with creative problem solving and finding solutions that might not be obvious
- Need organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Project is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Understanding of Wiring Diagrams and or Mechanical layouts / General Arrangements drawings is a plus
- OSHA 30 training is a plus
- Knowledge of Automotive Manufacturing is a plus
Education and Experience
- Construction Management, Four-year accredited Engineering degree, and or equivalent work experience is required
- 1 –3 years experience in Project Management, including previous work experience as a Jr/Project Manager within an automotive and/or warehouse capacity is recommended
- Automotive, industrial or construction experience is a plus
- Steel Toe Shoes/Boots
- Basic tools
- Gloves, jackets and sleeves supplied (can use personal equipment)