Hamilton, ON L8L 0B9 CA
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Initiate and lead Quality initiatives to improve product quality, performance and operational efficiency.
- Review regulatory and customer requirements to assure quality practices and procedures arein alignment.
- Manage, maintain, and update the Company's Quality System to the current ISO 9001 standard.
- Assist the Company's plants in enforcement and performance of the system on a regular basis.
- Provide expertise to other departments on Quality matters.
- Provide input to senior management team on State of Quality at the Company.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Industrial Technology or Engineering required. An MBA degree preferred.
- 5-10 yrs of experience as a QE
- Certifications in ISO 9001 and Quality management from accredited agencies preferred.
- Experience using Six Sigma or DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) methodology a plus Ability to formulate a technical strategy to solve complex problems
- Excellent skills in report writing and verbal presentation of technical data
- Experience working with cross functional teams including marketing, sales, finance, & operations to deliver defined product development activity preferred
Self-Motivated: Ability to recognize, engage and take ownership to address areas needing correction and/or improvement with minimal supervision or prompting.
Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyses information skilfully;develops alternative solutions;works well in group problem solving situations;uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Interpersonal Skills: Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming;maintains confidentiality.
Oral Communication: Listens and gets clarification;participates in meetings
Written Communication: Writes clearly, professionally, and informatively;presents numerical data effectively;able to read and interpret written information.
Quality: Looks for ways to improve and promote quality;demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness;applies feedback to improve performance;monitors own work to ensure quality.
Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions;exhibits sound and accurate judgment;includes appropriate people in decision-making process
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hamilton, ON L8L 3K4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Quality assurance: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person