Palmdale, CA 93551 US
The Quality Engineer is responsible to evaluate processes and performance in manufacturing and develop risk assessments and engineering to improve the quality and efficiency of new and existing production processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to analyze and resolve process issues varying from basic to moderately complex.
- Determine metrics and create comprehensive dashboards to monitor the progress and effectively communicate with leadership at all levels (internal and customer)
- Drive the projects and processes to increase productivity, reduce lead-time, improve quality, and cost savings.
- Ability to interpret data and events by analyzing them logically and use information in a systematic way to identify appropriate course of action for resolution.
- Interfaces with customers, and program personnel on process and quality related issues.
- Utilizes lean initiatives to reduce waste and maintain continuous improvement
- Attends and leads project corrective action meetings, identifies trends, assists in problem resolution, and ensures responsible parties meet commitments.
- Leads discussions and actions in predictive failure reviews to preclude occurrence.
- Identifies and anticipates technical problems and offers solutions.
- Collaborate with production and engineering team to understand operations, and develop solutions to meet Quality, Delivery, and Cost goals.
- Develop and document procedures, and work instructions.
- Makes the decision on acceptability of product/process prior to customer acceptance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering, or related discipline preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Power Point and writing and developing Macros in Excel.
- Knowledge and implementation of Lean Manufacturing Techniques
- In-depth understanding and execution of process analytics and metrics
- Knowledge of quality system models such as ISO9001, AS9100 or equivalent
- General knowledge of AS9145 (APQP).
- Understanding and application of computer aided design is a plus
- ASQ - CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) is a plus
Work Authorization/Security Clearance Requirements:
- Ability to obtain a United States DoD Security Clearance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Create and maintain complex files and written documents.
- Can multitask and manage multiple large to small projects in a cross functional environment.
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and achieves results.
- Display a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments in a timely manner.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to plan and set priorities.
- Attention to detail, customer focus and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Clear and effective communication skills in both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of computer applications including email, databases, word-processing program and spreadsheets (such as Microsoft Office).
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Respond and follow up to a customer's inquiry or problem in a timely and effective manner.
- Work well under pressure and manage sensitive or controversial subjects with tact, kindness, and professionalism.
- Work effectively with different levels of management, team members and customers.
- In-depth understanding and execution of Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action
- Process development and design knowledge.
- Ensure the quality and accuracy of data to help make better decisions.
- Give specific, actionable expectations to staff and provides feedback and advice to ensure continuous development of individuals.
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques that avoid errors in production and eliminates defects by preventing human errors.
- This position can involve frequent travel to 15% of the time.