Burbank, CA 91505 US
- Must be capable of making own set-ups for inspection, including setups for checking
Form Tolerances, Orientation Tolerances, Runout Tolerances, Profile Tolerances, Location Tolerances.
- Must have an excellent understanding of ASME Y14.5:
- All symbols, modifiers, Tolerance Zones, Feature Control/Datum Reference Frames, General Rules, Free state Variation, Fundamental Rules, Basic Dimensions, Datums and Datum Selection, Datum Symbol Placement, Virtual Condition, Datum Targets, Position Tolerance Calculation, Projected Tolerance Zones, Chain Line and Chain Dimensions.
- Knowledge of Coordinate Measuring Machine Operation(CMM) of the machine.
- CMM programming is a plus.
- Analyze facts and circumstances surrounding individual inspection problems and determine acceptance or rejection of parts within requirements.
- Performs inspection and records results to assist other departments in their research and analysis work.
- Review certification packages delivered with parts from suppliers for accuracy and adequacy.
- Responsible for promoting and abiding by the HSE rules and policies.
PRIMARY TOOLS OR EQUIPMENT:
- Computers, printers, calculators, and inspection equipment.
Education and/or Experience:
- High Scholl Diploma and 5 years of similar experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Good verbal skills with ability to effectively present information to customers, managers, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Use general shop mathematics including trigonometry.
- Ability to participate as a team member, daily or in meetings.
- Ability to listen actively and respond in group discussions.
- A willingness to learn other job skills and assist other team members.
- Understanding of team and business goals.
- Re-access work based on team goals and team priorities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand;walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus from close items to items at a distance.